Engraving Examples on Bolt Rifles

Heck, no apology necessary. You "called me on the carpet" for "something as trivial" and I gave you a "ration of shxt" back at you.

In all seriousness, my Heym is a working gun. I went through my gun collecting period where properly clocked screws were so important.

My Heym had (past tense) an area on the barrels that was clearly from "Africa Carry" by the former owner. There, the bluing was nearly gone! I was a little bit proud of the wear on her. This October, I let my lion hunting PH handle her. Evidently whatever was on his hand took ALL the bluing off her barrels just ahead of the forend. I darn near cried! We were in the ultra-dry Kalahari in October. I didn't wipe her down with oil after that day. My bust....

Just because you are such a good sport, and a much respected contributor to this forum, here are a couple quick shots of my refreshed Heym. Don't dog me out about my photography skills. I gave up my photo studio for my step-daughter's room. The price of love!

Even though my Heym's screws are not perfect, like the screws in my head..., they do not warrant a screw driver getting anywhere near their engraving... "Do no harm" as her caretaker.

View attachment 507301

Not very clear, but notice that I had JJ Perodeau mill groves into the rib for an RMR quick release mount. I haven't re-installed the RMR since returning from her refresh.
View attachment 507303
I love the rich red hue of the wood.

Not sure if you would consider this engraving or not. I'd say it's closer to knurling with a pretty design. It does greatly increase purchase on the bolt knob to make positive movements. Engraving is more decorative IMO.
1672261049474.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bayshooter

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!