Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and Life Member NRA
Hunted
Indonesia, Australia, Africa
I can not find the email anywhere for client services ABF Sydney Airport. I plan to fly from Melbourne transit Sydney and then take Qantas to Johannesburg. I need to apply for the RGP permit a month before if I am not mistaken. Does anyone have their email? Thank you in advance.

I need to apply for the RGP permit a month before if I am not mistaken.
The RGP is valid for 28days, so you need to have it approved no more than 28 days before you leave.

When I was trying to find out about exporting some Bertram brass I could not find a phone number, but they did respond to Emails within a couple of days.

If you go to this website it explains all the hoops you need to jump through.

Below is an extract from the ABF website - others might have more precise info.

Applying for a Restricted Goods Permit​

To obtain a Restricted Goods Permit, passengers will need to complete and provide the following forms and documents:

You can lodge the required forms and documents in person at the closest Customs house office. If you live outside a 50km metropolitan radius, you can lodge via email.

To apply for an RGP:

• you must be a registered client in the Integrated Cargo System (ICS)
  • you must lodge an export declaration up to 60 days before your departure from Australia.
Exported goods on an RGP require an export declaration, regardless of the value of the goods.

You can lodge an export declaration up to 60 days prior to the export of the goods. You can apply for the RGP up to 28 days prior to the departure of the firearms, or on the day of the departure.

If you are not a registered client in the ICS, you will need to complete Registering as a Client in the Integrated Cargo System (Form B319). You will also need to provide provide 100 points of identification.

Thanks Mate. I will give it a go. ABF Tullamarine was more simple a on my last trip but Qatar does not fly to Windhoek anymore so will go Qantas through Sydney and overnight in Joburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chromeheartsring

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]