Effect of world war 3 on Hunting

I have a Ruger ranch 7.62x39 with a red dot, 800 rounds of ppu 123 g soft point ammo & 4 10 shot mags and i know how to use it.
My Late neighbor (born 1914) was partisan, fighting nazis 41-45.
During the war he carried some submachinegun 9x19.

Partisans always lacked ammunition.
He was always telling me war stories.

He remembers that once during the war he had something like 2 full magazines with him (60 rounds).
And he added, when he had that, he thought he had enough to reach Berlin!
But he did not. He just survived the war with his unit, and gave his best efforts.

Russians reached it in 1945.

You may not win the war, but with that supply, you just may have enough to provide for the food, in backcountry

Meat poaching is generally done with snares or dogs and spears and maybe a shotgun. No ammo needed. Spears are still very much in use.
100% right. + there are god only knows how many rounds of military rounds, mostly 7.62 rounds hidden away, shotgun shells very few. Snares, dogs & spears will dominate.

That little mongrel has been up making friends with Putin. Then he says we are on the brink of WW3?

What were discussions about?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Israel will give Hamas an arse kicking & it will be over .

Hopefully Hamas will be gone soon. But it will cost, in many ways

But there are to many place at or near the boiling point, Ukraine, Taiwan,South China sea, Iran.
Also Europe is really not on a good track with a messed up economy and close to uncontrolled immigration from MENA.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”​

― Albert Einstein

What the impact of world war 3 on hunting?
What the expectations might be?
Obviously no one knows for sure, but the logical expectation...
No hunting?
Hunting continued?
More expensive?
More affordable?
Expensive to travel but cheap hunting?
Asking for a friend!

Kind regards
View attachment 566237
He just binge watched "Peaky Blinders".
DB

I remember years ago, the finance PhDs were predicting a depression. That time has long passed and I've got several Africa trips in since then. 99% of prognostications on the state of the world and a buck and a half will get you a cup o' joe at the local quickie mart.

Life as we know it now and have known most of our lives won’t go on forever. It’s going to happen at some point, a person has to just keep on going. I’m living my life, taking care of my family, planning hunts, staying in shape,….rolling.

Not WWIII now but Ukraine and Israel effecting hunters outside the U.S.

I dont recall that any war had any positive effect to hunting and game management.

Having said that, at this point (like in next 24 hours) I dont see possibility for world war 3, with world war 2 scenario with goals of large territorial gains happening, because there is not enough tanks, not enough manpower.
Most important: The territory of largest world powers is not threatened. (Russia, USA, India, China)

Hitler took good several years to prepare for Russian and European campaign (6 years?)
Thousands of tanks, war planes, millions of troops, dozens of submarines.
It took 2-3 years more for allied powers to mount sufficient military power to push back.

At this moment nobody is prepared for large territorial offensives, mass tank movements and motorized units attacks such as in ww2.

However, regional conflicts are present. (no hunting there, either)

lets hope they do not escalate.
Preparing for a war is one thing and triggering a war is another.
World war 1 was triggered by a single assassination event.
Kind regards

Nothing positive will come from an expanded war except perhaps the weak and corrupt leadership prevalent throughout the western world would likely be cast out of office. As far as hunting goes, I think things may get tougher with travel even if the growing Cold War between east and west never goes hot.

I was a Staff Sergeant during the Indo-Pak war in 1971.
IMG_2353.jpeg

From 1972 onwards, I began my 28 year career working in various posts under the Ministry of Forests.
IMG_2348.jpeg

To say that the war was detrimental to the flora & fauna of South Bengal… would be the understatement of the year. Our Asiatic rhinoceros completely went extinct in this area. Our Royal Bengal tiger population was brought down to below 3000 individuals during the 9 month long fiasco. I saw it all happen with my own two eyes.

War’s effects on wildlife is much more far reaching than you all think. We’re not just talking about the war itself. After a war is immediately over, thousands of arms and ammunition lie around the streets like rubble. And there are invariably food shortages in a destabilized nation right after a war is over. What do you think starving people in a lawless country with abundant access to firearms will do, in the immediate years after a war ?

The simple minded ones will poach for food. The more opportunistic ones will stock pile firearms and ammunition in order to form a monopoly on commercial poaching for profit.

When I studied “Principles Of Forestry” in the University Of Peshawar in 1967, our text book had a chapter specifically titled “Ecological Side Effects In Conflict Zones”. It made certain predictions as to what would happen to a country’s wildlife during a war. If only I knew that just four years later… I would personally bear witness to whatever the book predicted.

Last edited:
I have the same question, however during ww II hunting was not organized as today. Today the world is more connected and each sector depends on other sectors such as travel, fuel cost, global economy...ect.
A computer simulation will provide an interesting overview
Kind regards,

WWIII? Possibly won by drone directed warfare? But if it does go nuke, we'll possibly have to tailor the record books to include new radiation-spawned hybrids and variants! Imagine a new class for three horned bucks, etc.

Depends on how many countries either take part, or are targetted just in case.

As for Africa, it may be good for wildlife because the poachers would run out of ammo without any resupply, and the syndicates running the poaching would run out of customers. Everyone else would revert to the situation of a couple of centuries ago, except they may have forgotten how to use a bow or spear.

Only need wire and poison....not too hi-tech

I believe the prospects for all-out war between multiple nations (a truly world war) are lower today than ever. Unfortunately the prospect for bloody regional conflicts is greater than since WWII ended. The global order is breaking down quickly. The U.S. has little interest in maintaining freedom of the seas and defending global trade. As North America pulls inward, there’s a very strong scent of every man for himself. Just 10 years ago the idea that Russia could invade a sovereign European nation and Republicans would be advocating to leave that nation to fight on its own would have been laughable. I see no reason to believe they’d behave differently if the countries involved were China and Taiwan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marilynn70

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?