Dream rifle

I would want this trio, but not in any particular order:

A Beretta 689 O/U in .405 WCF, with extra set of 20 ga. barrels

A trim H&H SxS sidelock ejector in .500 - 3 1/4" BPE or Light Nitro

A Deluxe Winchester 1886 TD short rifle, full mag, shotgun butt w/ pistol grip stock in .50-110 WCF.

I remember you posting one time that you spent your money on Mausers and Africa and just wasted the rest! (paraphrased)

Thanks Sierraone,

And, without looking it up again, I think it was something like:

"I spent most of my money on Mausers, Double Rifles and Hunting Safaris, the rest I just wasted."

Or, words to that affect.

Cheers,
V. Dog.

For it to have any sense of practicality I’d have to be Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos. Then I would buy every finely crafted firearm that appealed to me and build a personal museum to display them all. And hire a full timer to rotate cleaning them all. But I’ll never be that wealthy and will have to settle for deluxe rifles and a custom or two I won’t mind shooting the heck out of.

A bespoke 500bpe double
A bespoke 11.2x60r double
And really special 7x61S&H lefty bolt

I have all 3 calibers right now and REALLY like them for most of my hunting and shooting pleasure.
The doubles are both hammer guns and have a certain sense of..... style about them.

I have lots of dreams…

1. A fully transferable GE M134a.
2. A color case hardened Merkel double. Any caliber from .30-06 to .500NE. Matching shotgun barrels if possible.
3. Anschutz 1710 D HB .22lr.

A left hand double 9.3x74R that is good quality but not too pretty to use once in a while. . Like a stainless Ruger Red Label but SxS and not a scatter gun. Seems like CNC technology would make it possible, however the mere suggestion will get one tar’d and feathered in some circles. And I guess there’s just no market for it.

I've always thought a nice Hartmann and Weiss in 505 Gibbs would be a great addition

B3dB6RX.jpg

I
A left hand double 9.3x74R that is good quality but not too pretty to use once in a while. . Like a stainless Ruger Red Label but SxS and not a scatter gun. Seems like CNC technology would make it possible, however the mere suggestion will get one tar’d and feathered in some circles. And I guess there’s just no market for it.
f it was mechanically reliable and regulates I think it would sell.

For me, dream rifle would be:
Heym 89, with two sets of scoped barrels, on QD system such as claw mounts):
375 H&H flanged magnum
300 win mag (but first choice for second set of barells would be 7x65R, but I have not seen them listed in catalogue)
scopes: swaro 1.7-10x42 on 300 win mag barrel set, and swaro 1-6x24 on 375 flanged mag barrel set.

Hi,

Sometimes is nice to dream....
My three would be, all, Original Sporting Mausers, A model, 60 cm barrel length, single stage original triggers made in the late '30, as follow:

1- 7x57
2- 9,3x62
3- 10,75x73 (.404 J)

If I should chose only one, it would be the 9,3x62.

Best!!

CF

1) A Heym Jumbo sidelock ejector in .600 Nitro Express
2) A Joe Smithson .505 Gibbs built on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action with extended floor plate
3) A Pre ‘64 Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in .300 Holland & Holland Magnum

If you are talking African battery...

My Buehler Granite Mountain 404 Jeffery
My custom Win Model 70 280 AI
My Henry Atkin lightweight self-opener in 12 gauge

Hi,

Sometimes is nice to dream....
My three would be, all, Original Sporting Mausers, A model, 60 cm barrel length, single stage original triggers made in the late '30, as follow:

1- 7x57
2- 9,3x62
3- 10,75x73 (.404 J)

If I should chose only one, it would be the 9,3x62.

Best!!

CF
Great choices! With those you would need no other rifle's!

Hi 93marlin,

Yes...only in my dreams, until now ...
Anyway, I have two nice rifles for the 7mm Mauser and 9,3x62. But not Original Sporting Mausers....

I have one of my three already, my heavily modified (read improved) Ruger No. 1 .375 H&H.

Something like this would work for number 2
Farquharsen .577 NE
.577 NE.jpg

And number 3...
A double rifle. So many wonderful examples to choose from and I have no idea where I will end up in deciding. London best big bore would be very nice to dream about but I like dreams best when I can make them happen. So barring a windfall of bullion I will keep my dreams humble and say probably a Heym 89B .475 NE custom made for me.

A Synthetic 500 J @spike.t

& the Verney-Carron 500 .. 8 mins in this clip. Someone has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianaTru

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles