Delta DL200 September 21, 2024

Can't figure out why Airfares keep going up but quality and service keep going down!

I have in this shitstorm travel story encountered delta employees who were experienced and helpful. My son’s Blaser rifles have been lost in baggage land in Atlanta for 3 days. They were first sent to Brazil and returned to Atlanta 3 days ago.
We have been calling 2x everyday for three days and finally they are supposed to go to Minneapolis tonight and on to Bozeman tomorrow.
The why is this bad service happening is directly related to the degree of automation in the system . There is not enough quality personnel to deal with the problems when they arise.
Everything works until it doesn’t and then it’s hopelessly tangled.
Why did Delta at its main hub in the world not have an extra jet in reserve Saturday night?

It is now Thursday afternoon (5 days later)and my sons Blaser R8 375 HH and 300 win mag rifle set are still in Delta World. We think they are in oversized bag room f but nobody seems to be able to actually go there and get them on a plane to Bozeman. Call three times a day and DID get a call from a supervisor who said they are busy with cancelled flights due to the hurricane. f#%k the hurricane! I have learned a lot of Africa travel lessons.

This whole string sounds just wonderful. I travel a fair bit domestically on Delta and have had few issues that weren't weather related. I just booked on Delta from Montana through ATL to Joberg for a hunt in April of next year. Overnight in Joberg, then on to port Elizabeth via Airlink the next day.
This will be my first international flight on Delta and first trip to Africa, so I hope I don't experience the same issues. I will be taking my own rifle and booked everything through Gracy. Other than the trip insurance, any other suggestions?

This whole string sounds just wonderful. I travel a fair bit domestically on Delta and have had few issues that weren't weather related. I just booked on Delta from Montana through ATL to Joberg for a hunt in April of next year. Overnight in Joberg, then on to port Elizabeth via Airlink the next day.
This will be my first international flight on Delta and first trip to Africa, so I hope I don't experience the same issues. I will be taking my own rifle and booked everything through Gracy. Other than the trip insurance, any other suggestions?

Apple AirTags !
Your itinerary is exactly the itinerary we had- watch the layover in Atlanta, ours was two hours - Bozeman to Atlanta was 1 1/2 hour late - did not matter because DL 200 to joberg was late then cancelled-

Apple AirTags !
Your itinerary is exactly the itinerary we had- watch the layover in Atlanta, ours was two hours - Bozeman to Atlanta was 1 1/2 hour late - did not matter because DL 200 to joberg was late then cancelled-
great suggestion. thanks !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerrenceHi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?