CZ550 Magnum - 505 Gibbs Caliber New Condition

Asankaa

Reaction score
For sale is a CZ550 Magnum in 505Gibbs caliber. Turkish walnut stock. In new condition. Made in Czech Republic.
Bought the gun for a hunting trip that got cancelled. I had the gun cleaned and a new thick limb saver padding installed by Armstrong Gunsmith in Lake Forest, CA. I have never used the gun and the original owner also said that he had not shot any ammo through the gun. The gunsmith confirmed this when he cleaned the gun.

Please see the pictures and let me know if you have any questions. Serious inquiries only please.
Priced to sell at $5700. Buyer will pay shipping, insurance and transfer fees. FFL to FFL only.
I prefer local pickup (Orange county, CA) but will ship to FFL if everything checks out.

DSC_0743.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0744.JPG
    DSC_0744.JPG
    785.2 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_0761.JPG
    DSC_0761.JPG
    745.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0759.JPG
    DSC_0759.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0760.JPG
    DSC_0760.JPG
    913.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0762.JPG
    DSC_0762.JPG
    838.3 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0756.JPG
    DSC_0756.JPG
    789.8 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_0754.JPG
    DSC_0754.JPG
    607.7 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_0753.JPG
    DSC_0753.JPG
    821.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC_0752.JPG
    DSC_0752.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
  • DSC_0751.JPG
    DSC_0751.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0750.JPG
    DSC_0750.JPG
    748.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0749.JPG
    DSC_0749.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0748.JPG
    DSC_0748.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247
  • DSC_0747.JPG
    DSC_0747.JPG
    715.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0746.JPG
    DSC_0746.JPG
    728 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_0745.JPG
    DSC_0745.JPG
    893.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
What is your asking price ?
Classified have to have a price.
Never mind I see it.
Krish

Reasonably priced. Sold one for that price and replaced it with an MRC 505 Since I did not have an MRC. That is the going price.
GLWS
KRISH

For sale is a CZ550 Magnum in 505Gibbs caliber. Turkish walnut stock. In new condition. Made in Czech Republic.
Bought the gun for a hunting trip that got cancelled. I had the gun cleaned and a new thick limb saver padding installed by Armstrong Gunsmith in Lake Forest, CA. I have never used the gun and the original owner also said that he had not shot any ammo through the gun. The gunsmith confirmed this when he cleaned the gun.

Please see the pictures and let me know if you have any questions. Serious inquiries only please.
Priced to sell at $5700. Buyer will pay shipping, insurance and transfer fees. FFL to FFL only.
I prefer local pickup (Orange county, CA) but will ship to FFL if everything checks out.
Nice looking rifle.
Good Luck With The Sale. Somebody here will be interested.

A few questions that some potential buyers may have:

Is that Swift .505 Gibbs ammo included in the sale?

Is that rifle from the CZ Custom Shop, through Triple River Gunsmithing?

Any factory and or gunsmith papers with the rifle?

Good Luck,

CR

It looks like custome stock as CZ's don't come with ebony or any other fore end cap.
Krish

Nice looking rifle.
Good Luck With The Sale. Somebody here will be interested.

A few questions that some potential buyers may have:

Is that Swift .505 Gibbs ammo included in the sale?

Is that rifle from the CZ Custom Shop, through Triple River Gunsmithing?

Any factory and or gunsmith papers with the rifle?

Good Luck,

CR
The ammo are not included as they are expensive. But can work something out. I do not have any manuals. I don't think any custom work was done.

Yeah, that's certainly not a stock CZ 505: Beautiful!!!

Do you know the Barrel Length & LOP?
Many Thanks!

Nice looking rifle in a very desirable caliber. Always tough for new members to sell an expensive item right off, but you have done a nice job of presenting it..............GLWS..............FWB

I
One day sooner rather than later. Not quite yet. I just watched a 404 CZ go for over $5k and a 300 for closer to $4k.
That is about right. The CZ404 I have is so good can not be any better overall. Takes 5 in the magazine Bolt closed. Action smooth. I think it is custome as no Kansas city stamping on it. Got it unfired from an estate. It is a keeper.
Krish

Last edited:
That is about right. The CZ404 I have is so good can not be any better overall. Takes 5 in the magazine Bolt closed. Action smooth. I think it is custome as no Kansas city stamping on it. Got it unfired from an estate. It is a keeper.
Krish
Can’t be nicer than the one you sold me. I love that rifle!

Can’t be nicer than the one you sold me. I love that rifle!
The stock os not nicer than yours. But different and good. Action may be a little better finished and smoother. Must have been fine tuned by a good gun smith. The estate had some well known Besspoke english guns. So I am assuming the previous owner paid attention to his guns. Yours was also a custome gun. The owner did not make it to the otherside so sold it.
Krish

Attachments

• CZ: CZ 550 Safari Classic 2 404 Jeffery 3rnd mag.pdf
    172.1 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckenzieSh

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.