CZ 550 .375 H&H American Safari Magnum 4800$ Plus Insurance & Buyer Pays Shipping Fees

You asked for guidance so here's a little bit. I also have a CZ550 375H&H I bought new. I sent it to AHR for upgrades #1 & #2 and I also bought a new B&C stock for it. If I were to sell it today I'd ask $4500. The rifle was $1300 + tax new and the upgrades plus tax and shipping were around $2000. The stock was around $400 IIRC so I'm into the rifle for about $3800. Considering they don't make them any more, considering the work done on mine was from AHR themselves and considering that even if you had a base rifle you wanted the same work done on you'd have to wait maybe as long as year to get the work done IMO asking $4500 for my rifle isn't unreasonable.

OTOH, I think you're about $1800-2000 too high in your asking price. I have the benefit of having had all my work done at AHR. While your gunsmith is probably quite competent he doesn't have the rep AHR does. Mine also includes all the subtleties of AHR upgrades including a complete blueprinting and refinishing in a durable coating. Mine also has a new B&C stock. IMO, if you get a firm offer for your rifle of $2800-3000 I recommend you take it. An offer of $2500 wouldn't be insulting. As others have said, the muzzle brake is a negative for most people.

Not trying to be harsh but you asked for input.

You asked for guidance so here's a little bit. I also have a CZ550 375H&H I bought new. I sent it to AHR for upgrades #1 & #2 and I also bought a new B&C stock for it. If I were to sell it today I'd ask $4500. The rifle was $1300 + tax new and the upgrades plus tax and shipping were around $2000. The stock was around $400 IIRC so I'm into the rifle for about $3800. Considering they don't make them any more, considering the work done on mine was from AHR themselves and considering that even if you had a base rifle you wanted the same work done on you'd have to wait maybe as long as year to get the work done IMO asking $4500 for my rifle isn't unreasonable.

OTOH, I think you're about $1800-2000 too high in your asking price. I have the benefit of having had all my work done at AHR. While your gunsmith is probably quite competent he doesn't have the rep AHR does. Mine also includes all the subtleties of AHR upgrades including a complete blueprinting and refinishing in a durable coating. Mine also has a new B&C stock. IMO, if you get a firm offer for your rifle of $2800-3000 I recommend you take it. An offer of $2500 wouldn't be insulting. As others have said, the muzzle brake is a negative for most people.

Not trying to be harsh but you asked for input.
Agreed. The 375 American version would probably be $1600-1900 nowadays

Agreed. The 375 American version would probably be $1600-1900 nowadays
I’ve seen a couple 375/550’s in shops over the last few months; your number is spot on for asking price.

OP should put this on gun broker; you never can be sure when someone will bite on a price thinking they are getting something. Also a crowd that might see the brake as tacticool.

I’ve seen a couple 375/550’s in shops over the last few months; your number is spot on for asking price.

OP should put this on gun broker; you never can be sure when someone will bite on a price thinking they are getting something. Also a crowd that might see the brake as tacticool.
I think that $2500 figure that Bonk mentioned would be more like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BernardoCh

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with