AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day members, I need to order a dies set for the .338 Imperial Magnum rifle..it is very similar like the .338 Edge ..so if I can find a company that makes .338 Edge dies..

Attachments

here is a link.

Dave , thank you, I will contact them and ask them if they do have /custom make the .338 Imperial Magnum ..I bought the reamer/go/no go gauges, 100x .338 Imperial Magnum brass cases head stamped from Aubrey White in Canada before he passed away that year..

Aubrey White designed/developed the Imperial Magnum concepts long before the short magnums/ RAUM appeared on the scene.
This is why I need specific the .338 Imperial Magnum re-loading dies ..maybe one of our members are from Canada and can give me information in regards to the possibility of a set of .338 Imperial Magnum dies ???

Some history of the Imperial Magnum calibers developed by Aubrey White of Canada.

Attachments

Try CH Tool and Die, they list 338 Edge
Tucketed I think I need another approach. Maybe I should look around in Canada rifle shops to find a set of .338 Imperial dies, since this make/caliber was made in Canada . I will ask Long walker to see if he can find any die sets ...

Tucketed I think I need another approach. Maybe I should look around in Canada rifle shops to find a set of .338 Imperial dies, since this make/caliber was made in Canada . I will ask Long walker to see if he can find any die sets ...

@Gert Odendaal The reason our friends keep nudging you to call CH4D is because they make/made everything. A phone call will result in one of three scenarios:

1.) We have a dusty set on the shelf. Where would you like them shipped?

2.) We'll have them made for inventory in X weeks, would you like to pre-order?

3.) No plans to make them, but if you ship us a chamber cast or a blueprint, we'll make you a set in X many months.

Your odds of getting satisfaction from CH4D are considerably higher than you stumbling across a set in Canada in my opinion.

@Gert Odendaal The reason our friends keep nudging you to call CH4D is because they make/made everything. A phone call will result in one of three scenarios:

1.) We have a dusty set on the shelf. Where would you like them shipped?

2.) We'll have them made for inventory in X weeks, would you like to pre-order?

3.) No plans to make them, but if you ship us a chamber cast or a blueprint, we'll make you a set in X many months.

Your odds of getting satisfaction from CH4D are considerably higher than you stumbling across a set in Canada in my opinion.
Rookhawk, thank you kindly, your input is much appreciated..I did send CH4D an email this evening, they indicated to answer within two to three working days. Like you said , it is the best option, the Canadian option will not work..I was fortunate to have two forum members who assisted me to bringing the items I bought from Aubrey White to South Africa , they had to apply for an export permit months in advance, Longwalker was fortunate to get the export permit this time and will bring the items on the 18 July to South Africa , I will meet him at OR Tambo at a hotel and have a breakfast with him ..looking forward meeting another African Hunting .com member ..

I really want to repeat again my sincere gratitude towards members of this great forum who always are willing to assist in bringing items to SA that we do not get here, and the effort members make to bring items to SA while on their way to hunt Africa..

I really am grateful to all members .... please remember whenever visiting SA and you need assistance we will assist you in what ever way is needed . As I pointed out previously any member of Africa Hunting .com is welcome to stay over at my home in Witbank , Mpumalanga , South Africa , I am an hour`s drive from OR Tambo and will take you to any venue you need to be, you also will have great South African dishes /food while staying at my home . All this at no cost members..

Thank again members..

Hello Gert,

I hope all is well?

If you're able to locate these dies in the US, as always, I'll be happy to bring them over in September. We'll be in Joburg for a day and a half before heading to Botswana for a few weeks.

Just let me know!

H
Hello Gert,

I hope all is well?

If you're able to locate these dies in the US, as always, I'll be happy to bring them over in September. We'll be in Joburg for a day and a half before heading to Botswana for a few weeks.

Just let me know!
Hallo Jason, it is great to hear from you again. Thank you very much. It will be great if I can get hold of a set of these dies. I will keep you informed.

@Gert Odendaal

I too would suggest CH4D dies - I upgraded my .470ne dies from Hornady to CH4D at the suggestion of Ken Owen who regulated my .470ne and I can honestly say my brass is lasting much longer although I will say that CH4D is a small company and don't be surprised if they take several days to get back to you.

I recently inquired about a set of .450Ackley dies and was given a 12-18 month wait and later found a set of RCBS dies on ebay of all places.

Hopefully they have an old set sitting on the shelf for you.

Gert

Here are photos o the dies and gear I have,,,

resize die set
forming die set
trim die
130 cases - 14 factory head stamped and 100 of them new in factory cartons
load data
co. literature

IMG_0722 3.jpeg
IMG_0723 2.jpeg
IMG_0724 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! That’s a great find! I’m happy for both Gert and Mike! It’s so nice that members here help each other out!

Thank you kindly Mike..it is much appreciated...
Wow! That’s a great find! I’m happy for both Gert and Mike! It’s so nice that members here help each other out!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Guy, good to hear from you..yes and now commence the whole process from the begining to try and get those dies and brass to South Africa..

as you know Guy all the time, effort, money you spend to get those items I bought from Aubrey White in Canada to bring it to me when you came to hunt in Mozambique..

.I want to thank you again for what you have done for me ..and that goes to all the members that are making these efforts to bring items to SA that is just not available in South Africa...(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

@Gert Odendaal if you haven't already got someone to bring them I can bring them in Oct. @Nevada Mike and I can get together and I will bring them.
@AZDAVE & @Nevada Mike - Well done for both of you!

I recently located a set of .450Ackley dies here in the states with the help of a fellow forum member and facilitated their transport to a PH via another forum member.

"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." - Bertrand Russell

Gert, you’re very welcome for the little help I provided to transport your items last
July. But be careful with the praise, you’ll scare your next helpers away! All I did was some silly paperwork and emails, the cost was nothing and it was an interesting challenge. Since I was already transporting a rifle and ammunition it required nothing to pack the additional items in my luggage, and there was no questions asked about them from airlines or security officers. Best wishes from Canada!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamakatoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with