COVID vaccination required by Safari Company or not, your suggestion

@Tokoloshe Safaris

Lon
We have valid empirical data going back to the smallpox vaccine demonstrating that vaccination is the best way to go.

Next time you meet a flat earth type who argues that vaccination is wrong, ask that person to look up what happens to children whose mothers contract rubella whilst pregnant. Deafness, blindness and brain damage! They cannot dismiss the existence of such unfortunate people in the community because there are still too many out there. We all know that tetanus vaccinations keep us alive BUT actual rubella victims are more compelling evidence to those pinheads than absence of tetanus (lockjaw) deaths in their own community.
All true, but this is different.

By that logic, they can require anything in the name of “safety.”

Stop falling for the trap of more “safety” now abd turning half the country into 2nd class citizens.
The definition of safety can be as broad as an employer or company makes it. If you are fired due to a safety violation and have enough money to fight it or a union membership, you may win. You'll still be sitting at home until the lawyers or arbiters figure it out and that can take years.

The definition of safety can be as broad as an employer or company makes it. If you are fired due to a safety violation and have enough money to fight it or a union membership, you may win. You'll still be sitting at home until the lawyers or arbiters figure it out and that can take years.

Agreed, unless you are independently wealthy, you are heading toward a decision point to vaccinate or stop participating: restaurants, travel, work….

Howl all you want about your rights, but that is the decision you are likely to face in the relatively near future.

Agreed, unless you are independently wealthy, you are heading toward a decision point to vaccinate or stop participating: restaurants, travel, work….

Howl all you want about your rights, but that is the decision you are likely to face in the relatively near future.
Wealthy or a hermit and willing to live somewhat off the grid.

Would I hunt with you: yes. I took the shots as both my wife and I have conditions that make COVID more serious for us. Additionally, we’d like to travel internationally.
Do I think the shots are highly effective at preventing COVID: no, but I do view them as a tool to help prevent serious illness.
That said, I think it is your right to require your staff to be vaccinated. As far as clients, getting the shot should be their decision. The question becomes, do you require the clients be vaccinated and if they are not, be willing to forego their business or just “highly recommend“ that they are.

Starting to sound too much like Nazi Germany for my comfort. Little Bush took us down this path after 9-11. And every President since with the possible exception of Trump (and I'm not one of his biggest fans, more in the best option available camp) has taken us further away from our Constitutional rights.

And it blows my mind the idiotic majority allows this!

20210806_130126.jpg

I'd be fine with getting a vaccine if it did what it was supposed to : stop me from getting or carrying a certain disease. Doesn't sound like that is happening. I know vaccinated people who now have covid. I'm not eager to go down a rabbit hole with vaccines and boosters and "new strains". If it was simpler, I'd say yep give me the vaccine and we can all get back to normal. The problem is its political, at least in the USA it is
Currently the vaccines are saying they are any where from 85% to 95% effective. I was told when I got a typhoid vaccination for a future trip that it was 92% effective. If a COVID vaccine is 90% effective then out of a million people a 100,000 people will develop the disease. With today’s fear news you will hear about everyone of them. However, if you have a 90% chance of winning a hunt of a life time I bet you buy the raffle ticket.

I definitely would. In fact I would feel uncomfortable with a company that wasn't vaccinated. Let me explain why:
I and my wife are vaccinated with Sinopharm. We went to South Africa and whilst there the third wave hit. All in all we were in close proximity with four people who tested positive, one being my daughter - we were in the same car with her all day. In all eight people from our staff of thirty six at the Johannesburg company got it, we were in contact with all of them.
We didn't contract covid.
I managed to get four of the staff up to Harare to get Sinovac. None of them has contracted covid.
But here is the real clincher - we got all of the Harare branch staff vaccinated in May - not one has contracted covid.
Statistically therefore a quarter of the SA branch got it, all unvaccinated, and in our vaccinated sample group not a single case.

I dont think it looks quite as grim as that, many are saying that the Delta variant will soon be gone and lets be honest, the great preponderance of those to be killed by the virus are already dead, harsh but true I think.
Much depends now on personal exposure and risks taken. For those who dont travel much or are in large crowds of idiots during drunken events, or spending lots of time in close quarters with strangers, are much less likely to even come in contact with the this crap.
As far as travel, eating out etc, oh well. Local places here are seating people with no invasive questions about shot status, no "papers please!".
No plans to travel on planes in the near future anyway, who wants to fly wearing a mask for two days?. Not me, especially with so many people going insane on the planes and starting fights there and in airports, no thanks, you can have my share. If I never get on a plane again, I can live with that. Been to Africa 8 times, so cant say I never got to do that.
Right now the world in general just plains sucks. Going to ride it out, and for now no shots. Maybe in the near future they can come up with real vaccines that do as advertised without the risks of injury or death that the current ones do.
And just for Gina, the more times that idiot in chief Sippy Cup Biden tells me to "get vaccinated!!!", the less likely I ever will.
Its all about priorities.

But to answer the OP's question. I would if planning to go to Africa right now keep looking as I would not agree to take the jab to hunt there or anywhere.

Last edited:
NO

I know 3 people right now to are suffering from Covid AFTER being fully vaccinated.

I know no one who has Covid now that has not been vaccinated. (And most of the people I know have not taken the vaccine)

Starting to sound too much like Nazi Germany for my comfort. Little Bush took us down this path after 9-11. And every President since with the possible exception of Trump (and I'm not one of his biggest fans, more in the best option available camp) has taken us further away from our Constitutional rights.

And it blows my mind the idiotic majority allows this!

View attachment 417191
To attend schools in the state of Texas a child has to have certain vaccinations. Below is a link to vaccinations.

To attend schools in the state of Texas a child has to have certain vaccinations. Below is a link to vaccinations.
It is much the same everywhere. Whats your point? I dont think anyone is suggesting that kids get the jab as they are the least likely to get this crud.
This virus and the so called vaccines for it is all new territory. Actually I think our reaction to it is the most egregious.
After a year and a half I still dont know anyone who has actually had the virus, let alone died from it. Lots of idiots say, "oh yeah, had it 3 times" etc. But I mean properly diagnosed. I dont know one person.

It would not matter to me either way. If my wife was with me, she would want everyone vaccinated.

I was not going to get the shot(s), but had to have either the vaccine card or negative PCR test to get on the plane for vacation. Frankly, I would have been getting tested every three days on my vacation with the number of flights and ferries we took. Less hassle with the shots. That said, I am certainly concerned with the long term side effect from the mRNA shot considering the first ones for SARS was a complete and total failure. And frankly, this one is not looking very good either. I suspect, it will be yearly boosters, for the soon to be epsilon variant.

A link would be helpful

first, no i would not hunt with a company that required me to show proof of a vaccine. if you have the shot, you are not at risk for me (the unwashed and un vaxxed) to get you sick.

second, a link or two:

stopmedicaldiscrimination.org they have access to a white paper that will explain a lot about this EXPERIMENTAL vaccine

americas frontline doctors: these doctors have joined together to pursue truth about the wuhan virus, the vaccine for it and the actual treatments (that work) against it.

there is some pretty eye opening information about this virus, the vaccine, etc that have been outright lies to us by our CDC, our government, the WHO and the companies that are selling the vaccine but are not held accountable for things that go wrong with it.

so, a safari (or other) company that REQUIRES me to have a vaccine, does not want my business and probably does not want me in their camp anyway.

It is much the same everywhere. Whats your point? I dont think anyone is suggesting that kids get the jab as they are the least likely to get this crud.
This virus and the so called vaccines for it is all new territory. Actually I think our reaction to it is the most egregious.
After a year and a half I still dont know anyone who has actually had the virus, let alone died from it. Lots of idiots say, "oh yeah, had it 3 times" etc. But I mean properly diagnosed. I dont know one person.
The point is we mandate vaccinations already. We’ve been doing it for decades. All of those vaccines that are required by the state of Texas were brand new technology at one time. Yes, people contracted polio from the original vaccine. I bet there were people who were skeptical then. So comparing this to Nazi Germany is extreme.

I would hunt with a company that required the shot. I am currently unvaxed but was hit with COVID and then Covid Pneumonia and was lucky it was not worse and left the hospital never requiring O2, I was given Remdesivir and that stuff helped me greatly. I feel the message is lost on the shot, it will not stop you from catching the virus but prevent the majority from ending up hospitalized with COVID. There are always break through exceptions Nothing 100%. With that, I could not imagine traveling a great distance to hunt and get that sick far from home And impact those around me at the time. We all have personal choice but you can find any narrative online to fit yours and how right you are and others are wrong. You just don’t know how your system will react when invaded by the virus, most get thru it without issue. My friends were surprised it hit me that hard that fast, I am mid 50s and first time ever in the hospital, never really sick and always been healthy. This whole thing is one big mess that is 100%.

The point is we mandate vaccinations already. We’ve been doing it for decades. All of those vaccines that are required by the state of Texas were brand new technology at one time. Yes, people contracted polio from the original vaccine. I bet there were people who were skeptical then. So comparing this to Nazi Germany is extreme.

Jfet,
i read a paper the other day that said a child that was vaccinated was more likely to die from the flu than covid. another report i heard on the radio stated that children are at such a low risk from this vaccine that they were more likely to die from the side effects of the vaccine than the disease itself.

regardless, to those that get the vaccine (and this is a decision that is valid for elderly or vulnerable people) you are at very little risk from those that choose NOT to get it. i heard the other day that this is now a disease that only kills unvaccinated people. so, they are the only ones at true risk from the wuhan virus. and it is their choice.

regarding choice, should you be MANDATED to worship at a government church? (so as to not be a dissident) should you be MANDATED to only use so much gasoline in your vehicle? (to help save the planet) should you be MANDATED to be surgically sterilized at age 30 (to prevent overpopulation in the world) should you be MANDATED.....for anything in america?

just wondering, what freedoms people will actually be willing to give up, to be protected from a virus that can be pretty easily treated (hydroxchoroquine/ivermectin)

You are allowed to opt out of those mandatory vaccines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennyBarri

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]