COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

The problem with airlines are they are a bunch of whores let them go broke. They didn't cut anyone a break years ago when fuel was down .
I understand the necessity of helping the Airline's, however, if they are going to receive taxpayer money, the CEO'S, and top people, need to forego receiving big bonuses and expensive perks. If we have to tighten our belts in this difficult time, so should the bigwigs.

The problem with airlines are they are a bunch of whores let them go broke. They didn't cut anyone a break years ago when fuel was down .
I don't feel feel to sorry for them either. I like to see them remove 30% of the seats even if they had to raise their price by 30%. I have caught a cold two of my overseas flights. Frankly the way they pack people I. Them is inhumane. When I was in the Navy in the early 70's flying was fun.

The Auto makers are the same bunch of whores. Trump helps them out, and the Auto union is endorsing Joe Biden.

The Auto makers are the same bunch of whores. Trump helps them out, and the Auto union is endorsing Joe Biden.

No worries. The members will vote for Trump like they did Reagan.

There is a lot of talk about testing, but nobody is explaining that there are three types of tests which measure three different things.

There is a lot of talk about testing, but nobody is explaining that there are three types of tests which measure three different things.

And those tests have different standards and each country has it's own standard for what constitutes a positive.

Yeah, well a judge anywhere in the U.S. doesn’t have that authority! Judges interpret and rule on law. Not create a law. That is up to the legislature of a given locality or state. He/she should be disbarred!

Well, an illegal and unenforceable law from one of the many “legislative “ judges we have here in the U.S. I guess he/she was asleep in law school when they were discussing the separation of powers i.e. executive, legislative and JUDICIAL branches of government and their roles here in the U.S.? Maybe he/she should be sent to the Huanan University Law School for retraining, after being removed from office and disbarred here? One/some of these same “legislative “ judges may one day decide the Second Amendment doesn’t apply here anymore, and anyone over age 10, has to surrender their firearms (and BB guns) to the authorities because the Black Plague is again upon us! Thank God we have a Constitution with included Bill of Rights!

In Texas, the Chief County Commissioner (CEO) is called the County Judge and presides over Commissioner Court, which is not a trial court, but like a city council, however, in some cases the County Judge can also be a Trial Judge too. The Harris County, County Judge in question is not a trial court Judge, but the County CEO.

In Texas, in order for the County Judge to also be a Trial Court Judge to hear contested cases, they must have a license to Practice Law. Otherwise, they are limited uncontested Probate and some Misdemeanors. If their County has a County Court at Law, the County Judge does not hear cases at all. To my knowledge no large County has a County Judge that is also a Trial Court Judge too.

The Harris County Judge in question was elected on a pro -Beto, anti-Trump sweep that occurred in every large Texas county. See her bio here:

https://www.linahidalgo.com/meet_lina

Lina Hidalgo was raised in an immigrant family. She knows first-hand the sacrifices hard working Texans make every day to pave a better life for their families. Lina was born in Colombia, when the drug war still raged and everyone knew someone who had been kidnapped. Her parents had two goals: to make sure she had a good education and to get the family to a safer place. Lina grew up in Peru and Mexico, where her parents were offered job opportunities, before emigrating to America in 2005. Lina is a proud product of Houston-area public schools and, as her parents dreamed, was the first in her family to attend college in the U.S. She graduated from Stanford University with a degree in political science the same year she became a U.S. citizen. Since arriving in Texas, Lina has been committed to giving back.

Lina has dedicated hundreds of hours to our County’s most vulnerable communities—from her time at the Texas Civil Rights Project to serving as a Spanish-English medical interpreter at the Texas Medical Center and supporting immigrants in search of lost loved ones. Over the past few years and while pursuing a joint degree in law and public policy at NYU and Harvard, Lina conducted research on criminal justice policies and coordinated with advocacy groups and governments to push for criminal justice reform. Before that, Lina worked throughout Southeast Asia to promote transparency and accountability by supporting journalists, bloggers and artists. She helped create and fund a program to bring Stanford students to public policy positions and has served the immigrant and incarcerated communities at any opportunity and in various states.

Last edited:
Doubt it..it's one of the most profitable airlines operating....
As much as people hate to fly it, they still do . . . because it's almost always the cheapest alternative by far.

With the pandemic, cheap and safe aren't on the same page.

Once someone that flys an el cheapo airline comes down with the virus and files a lawsuit, the bad ink will drown them. The guys that run these operations aren't as smart as they think they are.

Anyone remember Jack In The Box? :whistle:

Last edited:
In Texas, the Chief County Commissioner (CEO) is called the County Judge and presides over Commissioner Court, which is not a trial court, but like a city council, however, in some cases the County Judge can also be a Trial Judge too. The Harris County, County Judge in question is not a trial court Judge, but the County CEO.

In Texas, in order for the County Judge to also be a Trial Court Judge to hear contested cases, they must have a license to Practice Law. Otherwise, they are limited uncontested Probate and some Misdemeanors. If their County has a County Court at Law, the County Judge does not hear cases at all. To my knowledge no large County has a County Judge that is also a Trial Court Judge too.

The Harris County Judge in question was elected on a pro -Beto, anti-Trump sweep that occurred in every large Texas county. See her bio here:

https://www.linahidalgo.com/meet_lina

Lina Hidalgo was raised in an immigrant family. She knows first-hand the sacrifices hard working Texans make every day to pave a better life for their families. Lina was born in Colombia, when the drug war still raged and everyone knew someone who had been kidnapped. Her parents had two goals: to make sure she had a good education and to get the family to a safer place. Lina grew up in Peru and Mexico, where her parents were offered job opportunities, before emigrating to America in 2005. Lina is a proud product of Houston-area public schools and, as her parents dreamed, was the first in her family to attend college in the U.S. She graduated from Stanford University with a degree in political science the same year she became a U.S. citizen. Since arriving in Texas, Lina has been committed to giving back.

Lina has dedicated hundreds of hours to our County’s most vulnerable communities—from her time at the Texas Civil Rights Project to serving as a Spanish-English medical interpreter at the Texas Medical Center and supporting immigrants in search of lost loved ones. Over the past few years and while pursuing a joint degree in law and public policy at NYU and Harvard, Lina conducted research on criminal justice policies and coordinated with advocacy groups and governments to push for criminal justice reform. Before that, Lina worked throughout Southeast Asia to promote transparency and accountability by supporting journalists, bloggers and artists. She helped create and fund a program to bring Stanford students to public policy positions and has served the immigrant and incarcerated communities at any opportunity and in various states.

Thought Texas was seriously Republican...... If not then things must be really fkd up.....

Once someone that flys an el cheapo airline comes down with the virus and files a lawsuit, the bad ink will drown them. The guys that run these operations aren't as smart as they think they are.

Don't think it makes any difference on whether it's a cheap model airline or shall we say normal one....economy seating is still more or less the same in both.....Even business class isn't going to be social distancing acceptable... only certain first class suites would probably pass the test... but serious bucks....airlines operate on tight margins and what the boss of Ryan air was saying is it's not possible to operate at a profit with the centre seats empty.... I read an article on it and if you actually had people sat with correct social distancing the numbers that could be carried were so few there would be no point....

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200422-when-can-we-start-flying-again

Last edited:
Get on a Delta 200 flight, look around at the ages of the fliers. Demographics is going to CRUSH many of today's businesses, including airlines, cruise shipping and tourism. Is a younger person, still employed with financial obligations, going to take a chance flying internationally or even domestic? The game is over and alot of young MBA CEO's don't know it.

Get on a Delta 200 flight, look around at the ages of the fliers. Demographics is going to CRUSH many of today's businesses, including airlines, cruise shipping and tourism. Is a younger person, still employed with financial obligations, going to take a chance flying internationally or even domestic? The game is over and alot of young MBA CEO's don't know it.

Don't know what a delta 200 flight is..... But I fly quite a bit and ages are from babies to very elderly in wheel chairs and every age in between.......and how will it crush tourism.... Yeah will take a while unfortunately to get back up and running but people want to travel even if it's locally.. Which is still tourism....

@spike.t Delta 200 is THE flight for most of the U.S. Africa hunters coming to Joburg. Tourism will survive, albeit on four wheels. As far as the babies, etc., when was the last time you flew? My take is on the future condition of tourism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewewtghgeg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa