COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

For some of my more sophisticated friends with nothing better to do .............

The virus is making us the miserables too.:D

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 18.32.31.png

70,000 troops? Wonder if the locals are getting impatient, as is happening here in the USA?

More killed by federal troops than the coronavirus. Think about that!

APRIL 16, 2020 / 9:09 AM / 6 DAYS AGO
Nigerian security forces killed 18 people during lockdowns: rights panel

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigerian security forces killed 18 people in two weeks while enforcing lockdowns imposed to halt the spread of the new coronavirus, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) said.

Nigeria, sub-Saharan Africa’s most populous country and biggest energy producer, has recorded 407 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 12 deaths from the highly contagious lung disease.

Lockdowns initially slated to last 14 days were put in place on March 30 in the southern commercial hub Lagos, neighbouring Ogun state and the capital Abuja. They were extended on Sunday by two weeks and other states, such as the northern economic hub Kano, have also imposed restrictions.

The NHRC, an independent body, said in a statement dated April 15 that there had been “eight documented incidents of extrajudicial killings leading to 18 deaths” between March 30 and April 13.

It said the killings were carried out by the Nigerian Correctional Service, the police force and army.

In response, a spokesman for the Nigerian Correctional Service said four inmates had died after violence broke out and left a number of prisoners and staff hospitalised. The rights commission report alleged eight deaths.

The Nigeria Police Force and the Nigerian Army did not respond to phone calls seeking comment on the NHRC statement.

Trying to invest and manage your money in the days of the Wuhan Virus.

bg0pb6AMZzLzbYEH4zUdmI0Cucf2-6523x2l.png

Attachments

• bg0pb6AMZzLzbYEH4zUdmI0Cucf2-6523x2l.png
    bg0pb6AMZzLzbYEH4zUdmI0Cucf2-6523x2l.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 77
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-vaccines-georgia-trump-covid-19/3005625001/

Almost 14% of 3,000 New Yorkers test positive
Random testing of 3,000 New Yorkers revealed that 13.9% were infected with coronavirus and developed an antibody, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday. Cuomo, who said the data was preliminary, said it’s thus likely that 2.7 million people in the state have been infected, with a death rate of 0.5%. The data was collected over two days in 19 counties and 40 localities across New York. Men tested positive at a higher rate than women, New York City residents at a higher rate, about 21%, than the rest of the state.

"These were people out and about," Cuomo said. "They were infected, they had the antibody and are now recovered."

Cuomo, extrapolating the data, said it’s likely 2.7 million people in the state have been infected, with a death rate of 0.5%. More than 15,000 New Yorkers have died.

Harris County (Houston, TX) judge orders everyone over age 10 to wear a mask/facial covering while outside. Runs from Apr 27 to May 276. See attached.

Attachments

Harris County (Houston, TX) judge orders everyone over age 10 to wear a mask/facial covering while outside. Runs from Apr 27 to May 276. See attached.
She is overstepping her authority, and receiving some pushback.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-vaccines-georgia-trump-covid-19/3005625001/

Almost 14% of 3,000 New Yorkers test positive
Random testing of 3,000 New Yorkers revealed that 13.9% were infected with coronavirus and developed an antibody, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday. Cuomo, who said the data was preliminary, said it’s thus likely that 2.7 million people in the state have been infected, with a death rate of 0.5%. The data was collected over two days in 19 counties and 40 localities across New York. Men tested positive at a higher rate than women, New York City residents at a higher rate, about 21%, than the rest of the state.

"These were people out and about," Cuomo said. "They were infected, they had the antibody and are now recovered."

Cuomo, extrapolating the data, said it’s likely 2.7 million people in the state have been infected, with a death rate of 0.5%. More than 15,000 New Yorkers have died.

Uncertainty Emphasized
The FDA emphasized the uncertainty about antibody tests in a statement released on April 18.

Although the tests can identify people who have been exposed and who developed an immune response to the virus, the agency noted, "we don't yet know that just because someone has developed antibodies, that they are fully protected from reinfection, or how long any immunity lasts."

The FDA says that the role of these antibody tests, at present, lies in providing information to "help us track the spread of the virus nationwide and assess the impact of our public health efforts now, while also informing our COVID-19 response as we continue to move forward."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/929162#vp_2

Interesting powers under a state of emergency.

When I go to the grocery store, I wear my N95 mask, and latex gloves. When I go to any store (That is open) I wear my N95 mask. I'll do my part, as well as social distancing, but I won't tolerate any infringement upon my constitutional rights, or civil liberties.

New info from NY. Over 90% of NY hospitalizations have one or more serious underlying conditions.

Yeah, well a judge anywhere in the U.S. doesn’t have that authority! Judges interpret and rule on law. Not create a law. That is up to the legislature of a given locality or state. He/she should be disbarred!

Interesting powers under a state of emergency.
Well, an illegal and unenforceable law from one of the many “legislative “ judges we have here in the U.S. I guess he/she was asleep in law school when they were discussing the separation of powers i.e. executive, legislative and JUDICIAL branches of government and their roles here in the U.S.? Maybe he/she should be sent to the Huanan University Law School for retraining, after being removed from office and disbarred here? One/some of these same “legislative “ judges may one day decide the Second Amendment doesn’t apply here anymore, and anyone over age 10, has to surrender their firearms (and BB guns) to the authorities because the Black Plague is again upon us! Thank God we have a Constitution with included Bill of Rights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmaColvi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa