Concealed Carry

KIMG0073.jpg

So there's only about 5200 of these in America. It's a Yugoslavian copy of a Sig 226. Few differences, amidextrious controls, slide release and decocker in one button. Crome barrel. This pistol is still being produced and imported threw EAA and is called the EZ9 and now a EZ40 but it's not of the quality and fit and finish of the 1st round of them and they now say made in Serbia on them. The Israeli military adopted the design for their sidearm for awhile so you see a IWI surplus around every once in awhile but usually their in poor condition

pix218707642.jpg
Another interesting piece

Last edited:
Some people really trick them out. Modern style mag release? Wow. I like them as is but that's just me. But I'm a big CZ fan.

So.... I currently have two handguns that I regularly carry.

First is my S&W 500 4" that I carry fishing, rafting, hiking, anywhere that activities may include brown bears or moose with attitude and I am not actually hunting them. Use a chest holster or a belt holster depending on the activity. I Love the hand cannon and it serves its purpose, but it's not so good for "concealed carry". Anybody that is looking can see it from 50 yards away no matter how it's carried and it weighs a ton.

Next is my Beretta 92fs 9mm. Also love this gun. 15rd mags and easy to operate. I carry it every day anywhere activities may include people with attitude, in my vehicle, in my day pack, travels with me, and occasionally on my belt if hiking. It pretty much goes anywhere that I don't want to carry the .500. The downside is that it's also kinda big for real "concealed carry". And I don't really carry it as much as I want for that reason.

So... I am thinking that it's time to buy something that is more concealed carry friendly. That I can carry on my belt or in a shoulder holster under an over shirt without much fanfare. I am thinking a about a Derringer snake slayer 45lc (the one with the trigger guard) or maybe a smaller model Beretta 9mm. A good 1911 might be ok too, but I am thinking something smaller, maybe a small .38 revolver??

So the question is... What are you guys carrying, and how are you carrying it??? Recommendations??
Someone may have already said this, but you can carry just about any gun if you have the correct holster, belt and clothing. Some of the key points you need to ask yourself is:
Shirt tucked or out
Shorts or long pants, business or jeans
tight clothes or loose
can you wear a vest or light jacket (blazer) everywhere
Do you need to be able to take it and the holster off easily
Will you carry a spare mag/speed loader and/or flashlight

Most of us don't know you or your daily routine, so recommendations on a different firearm don't make sense unless you just want a new one. If you're comfortable with the 98, I'd recommend sticking with it and finding a holster/belt/clothing combination that works. You'll find it easier to practice a new draw position than learning a new firearm and draw position. Not to mention, you should be practicing emergency reloads, tac reloads, major malfunction drills and shooting with a flashlight so being comfortable with your firearm is paramount.

Some people really trick them out. Modern style mag release? Wow. I like them as is but that's just me. But I'm a big CZ fan.
These CZs were a little different than normal Euro Semi autos, when fired the bolt would slide on 2 roller bearings which eliminated some of the metal on metal friction, used by the Germans and used on their MG42 machine gun, the design was reputed to be invented by a Polish inventor, sorry I don't remember his name

Last edited:
a German mathematician named Dr. Werner Gruner designed a simple set of rollers that used these parts for locking. The set up was nothing short of genius: Gruner’s concept was tried out first on the MG42 machinegun, arguably one of the most successful designs of modern history.

This mode of roller locking was then tried on rifles later in World War 2. One-off designs such as the Gerat 03 and StG.45(M) led to post war developments such as the SIG STGW-57. HK took the roller lock, coupled with direct blowback, and designed theCETME/HK91/G3/MP5 familyof weapons around it. What all of these guns have in common is that they are super-efficient, durable, and effective. What makes them different is that they are capable of taming high-powered rounds.

1911.jpg

Beautiful color on those grips

My little Kimber Micro 380 has Rosewood grips. She is a real looker! I post a pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexisEklu

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg