Commercial Mauser 98 Barreled Action .243 Win

NTX

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Alright members, this is my first classified posting so try not to beat me up too bad! I’m clearing out some projects this month and this barreled action is first up.

The receiver is an Interarms Mark X, but the bolt appears to be a military repurpose that had the handle cut/welded. When I picked up the rifle initially it had a military flag safety. I replaced it with a better polished shroud from an FN and added a Buehler safety paired with a Bold adjustable trigger. The bottom metal is very nice with a tight tolerances in the floorplate and clean lines. It will polish up into a very fine piece. The magazine spacer allowing the short action follower is held in by some sort of cross pin and appears relatively easy to remove to accommodate a standard length cartridge. The bolt cycles the same as any standard 98 should. The magazine spacer is the only adjustment to use the shorter chambering.
My bore scope apparently doesn’t fit in a .24 caliber barrel, but my “eyeball staring at the light” method didn’t show any obvious pits- rifling appears strong and is nice and shiny. Barrel length is 24” and I do not know the maker. It tapers from .800 to .550 at the muzzle.

I’d love it if one of my fellow Dallas/Fort Worth people wanted to take this off my hands face to face ( @mdwest don’t you need another Mauser project?) but I will consider shipping it FFL to FFL for actual cost. $475 plus shipping

IMG_5107.jpeg
IMG_5110.jpeg
IMG_5109.jpeg
IMG_5113.jpeg
IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5116.jpeg
IMG_5122.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg
IMG_5107.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had some interest, but no takers yet. I’m willing to reduce the price for a FTF deal here in the metroplex.

I should think about this. I have a nice finished stock and what appears to be nearly new 30-06 barrel just collecting dust. That would be a fair price for military donor action. It's a great price for commercial action with floorplate bottom metal! 243 caliber does nothing for me though. But that's just me. I need another 30-06 like a hole in the head. Still ...

Im out of the mauser build game for a little while (focusing on buying gear for some hunts that Im not really equipped for yet.. but already booked and paid for the hunts lol).. otherwise I'd be all over this deal... for the components already on this barreled action, its worth a good bit more than @NTX is asking.. someone should jump all over it quick!

Lots of interest but still no takers. I’m willing to do $400 for a face to face deal in the Dallas area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuillermoC

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.