Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
We had our 5th annual "Calle de Cafe" (street of coffee) last week. I think I have just now recovered. :D:coffee: Three years ago, my good friend Oscar Restrepo and I were getting hammered in his coffee shop when we became inspired to start an informal "Espirituosos" (coffee cocktail) competition. Every year we have grown a bit, but this year it turned out to be the most fun and attended show of the 3 day Calle de Cafe. Me, Mama, our niece Angie and a local restaurant owner, Yeison, formed a committee for this year's event. I provided funding for prizes and booze as well as sarcasm. In addition, we had several local sponsors. Angie and Yeison did all the work and I could not have been more proud. The mayor kicked off the event for us at 2100 with folk dancers that he provided. We had 11 baristas and a bartender competing and we had prizes for everyone. We finished up at 0300 in the morning after all the alcohol for the competition and my friend's coffee shop was wiped out. :D Over 200 tourists attended as well as locals.

In addition to our event, there were over 48 coffee farms present to display their specialty coffees. There was folk music, hand brew competitions, coffee tasting competitions and judging as well as auctions for top rated coffees in bulk. If you never thought you could OD on coffee, you should come here for next year's event. :coffee::LOL:

1.JPG

Day after recovery with a refreshing cold brew breakfast cocktail.
Me and Angie recovering with a cocktail.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2933.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2935.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2936.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2937.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

Mama and I are taking a "coffee taster, grader and evaluator" course. Last week we graded and market priced specialty coffees.
5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Safe travels and remember.........please drink small farm, produced and processed coffee of origin from Colombia!

Too bad it´s so far away to attend, looks like fun :coffee:

We had our 5th annual "Calle de Cafe" (street of coffee) last week. I think I have just now recovered. :D:coffee: Three years ago, my good friend Oscar Restrepo and I were getting hammered in his coffee shop when we became inspired to start an informal "Espirituosos" (coffee cocktail) competition. Every year we have grown a bit, but this year it turned out to be the most fun and attended show of the 3 day Calle de Cafe. Me, Mama, our niece Angie and a local restaurant owner, Yeison, formed a committee for this year's event. I provided funding for prizes and booze as well as sarcasm. In addition, we had several local sponsors. Angie and Yeison did all the work and I could not have been more proud. The mayor kicked off the event for us at 2100 with folk dancers that he provided. We had 11 baristas and a bartender competing and we had prizes for everyone. We finished up at 0300 in the morning after all the alcohol for the competition and my friend's coffee shop was wiped out. :D Over 200 tourists attended as well as locals.

In addition to our event, there were over 48 coffee farms present to display their specialty coffees. There was folk music, hand brew competitions, coffee tasting competitions and judging as well as auctions for top rated coffees in bulk. If you never thought you could OD on coffee, you should come here for next year's event. :coffee::LOL:

View attachment 623989

View attachment 623984View attachment 623985View attachment 623986View attachment 623987

View attachment 623988

View attachment 623990

View attachment 623991

View attachment 623992

Mama and I are taking a "coffee taster, grader and evaluator" course. Last week we graded and market priced specialty coffees.
View attachment 623993
View attachment 623994

View attachment 623995

Safe travels and remember.........please drink small farm, produced and processed coffee of origin from Colombia!
@Just Gina you wanted a different place to go visit;)

Here is a video for @Just Gina :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

@spike.t

Wow, with painting, renovation, and that trip to Africa, I did not realize I was SO behind here!!
Love the video and love that I have my very own coffee thread! :love:
Mike, you should really consider drinking coffee. It does a body good! ;)

Here is a video for @Just Gina :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

@spike.t

Wow, with painting, renovation, and that trip to Africa, I did not realize I was SO behind here!!

View attachment 623989

View attachment 623984View attachment 623985View attachment 623986View attachment 623987

View attachment 623988

View attachment 623990

View attachment 623991

View attachment 623992

View attachment 623993
View attachment 623994

View attachment 623995

@SFRanger7GP

Hi Larry!! Great pics and story. I NEED to attend this event next time, oh my gosh!! :love:

How fun. I need to bring an empty suitcase as well to load with coffee to bring home. Thank you for sharing this. What a treat to read about and see pictures of.
Gina

View attachment 623989

View attachment 623988

View attachment 623990

View attachment 623991

View attachment 623992

View attachment 623993
View attachment 623994

View attachment 623995

Oh lard that looks like fun
My 3 favorite hobbies are hunting, finding new delicious coffees and rum
Every trip I search out new coffees and rums to bring home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doureem

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available