City Lodge Jo-Burg

I've stayed there twice and will do so on June 24th. I have no complaints. Very clean, great service, reasonable rates, and pretty decent restaurant. I booked through Agoda and got my room for $70, so very reasonable.

Stayed there the last two trips and plan to use it again next year. Very convenient. Nice rooms but not very big. Good breakfast.

I will be staying there next spring for an overnight. Can anyone give me walking directions from the airport terminal to the front desk ? Thank you.

Out the terminal doors, cross the street into City Lodge. Up the elevator. Can't miss the desk.

I will be staying there next spring for an overnight. Can anyone give me walking directions from the airport terminal to the front desk ? Thank you.
There is great signage inside the airport for navigating to City Lodge - you shouldn’t have any trouble finding your way there. It’s not far, but you might as wellgrab a trolley for you luggage anyway as you can leave it at the elevator just before entering the hotel. They have nice breakfasts too. Fair warning, though, they did shut the water off overnight (midnight until 4 am I think) one night during our stay last November, so plan accordingly for showers.

I have overnighted there 4 times and it is clean and convenient to the airport. As other have stated the restaurant is good as well

Overnighted there this October and it was great! After a long cross-ocean flight it was very nice to quickly relax and have a beer after a day of travel.

I agree with the above comments. It was magic to end that long flight with a hot shower and a meal where I could sit calmly and stretch my legs.

Thank you for all the helpful replies. I will be hiring Henry to assist with the firearms on our arrival at the airport. We land around 5 pm and I look forward to a nice room til our PH picks us up in the morning.

Any dining suggestions ?

If you are spending the night at the City Lodge, just eat there. The menu isn’t extensive and it’s more of a lunch type offering.

I have nothing but great things to say. Summer 21 they saved sisters and I butts. Upon arrival at Joberg after 21 day hunt and 15 day self drive got Covid tests, all 3 of us POSITIVE. Options were get on that bus that bus and go to some SA Gov hotel no idea if internet or TV or where the place was, option #2 secure your own lock down accommodations. City Hotel came thru, we each had separate rooms, locked in and not allowed out, meals delivered 3 times per day with knock codes. They asked what our insurance amounts were and came in at that. After 15 days we were "released". Place was clean, food OK even for 15 days and kept us out of the undisclosed location Gov hotel.

I highly recommend them, will stay there again if layover in Joberg before or after hunt is needed. Also real close if any baggage issues arise.

MB

I have overnighted there 4 times and it is clean and convenient to the airport. As other have stated the restaurant is good as well

Out the terminal doors, cross the street into City Lodge. Up the elevator. Can't miss the desk.

It is not necessary to go out the terminal doors, just follow the sign to the train and then down the hallway to the parking garage/hotel. For the Intercontinental it is necessary to exit the terminal and walk across the street.

Yep
It is not necessary to go out the terminal doors, just follow the sign to the train and then down the hallway to the parking garage/hotel. For the Intercontinental it is necessary to exit the terminal and walk across the street.
Yep just take elevator to the right before you go into the car garage. No need to walk outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RussellArr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?