Cheaper than Dirt wont see anymore of my money!

I tried to order some 8x64s ammo from them just now and was told they no longer ship ammo to WA state due to impending new laws, but to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in the new assault rifle laws that would disallow shipping ammo here from out of state, in particular something like this ammo which is NOT related to assault rifles.
This really chaps my hide and is a problem because this ammo is very hard to find anywhere. A seller on GB has some and I will now have to bid on it, just to get some, slightly overpriced but beggars cant be choosers.
The only other place I have found some is SG Ammo and they are out of it.
Brass of course is nonexistent, I emailed S&B who makes the ammo and they said sorry, no can do. I found some in OZ but they cant ship it overseas.

What a giant PITA!!!!!!!!!!!
Can certainly relate to you “pain”. Having had homes in NJ & NY - nothing involving hunting or shooting was easy....some towns even classified a Bow as a “firearm” in order to restrict your ability to “discharge” within Town limits. You quickly learn to adapt AND be CAREFUL. When you do find ammo you like/need - stock up. Now, here in Virginia things are more reasonable and people are friendly...only the Summer heat & humidity is oppressive!

@sestoppelman - Nice to see a fellow Washingtonian. No personal experience with these folks; however, they claim to have brass in stock, https://www.buffaloarms.com/8x64s-brenneke-cases-bertram-f.html

figured I'd share. It's certainly pricey though.
Thanks for that! I buy from them on occasion but have never looked for 8x64 brass there, seems an odd fit for them.
Yes it is pricey, thats the problem with brass,, its actually sometimes way less expensive to buy loaded ammo, blast it and reload it!

I want to thank all who have posted ideas and thoughts here and a special thanks to all who have offered to assist in acquiring ammo.
Appreciated!

Actually, Pintos is run by one of the largest and most knowledgable collectors of vintage firearms in the country who is a friend of mine. Call them and ask for Chris. If he doesn't have some available, he can probably tell you who to call (and I'm not talking about retailers). Chris knows all the big players. Trust me on this.
I sent them an email explaining this, see what they say. Thanks!

They were traveling but might be home by now. Diana or Chris can get you more info. They may or may not have it available but Chris will certainly have ideas on where to find it.

CTD is mostly D. When there was a scare about a nation-wide ban on 30rd AR mags, they canceled the orders that had already been paid for and relisted the inventory at $100/ea. They are the embodiment of scalpers and gaugers. You would do well to find another vendor.

Thanks for that! I buy from them on occasion but have never looked for 8x64 brass there, seems an odd fit for them.
Yes it is pricey, thats the problem with brass,, its actually sometimes way less expensive to buy loaded ammo, blast it and reload it!
They have an amazing amount of hard to find stuff

CTD is mostly D. When there was a scare about a nation-wide ban on 30rd AR mags, they canceled the orders that had already been paid for and relisted the inventory at $100/ea. They are the embodiment of scalpers and gaugers. You would do well to find another vendor.
They were hardly my go to vendor, not even close. But they had this ammo and no one else does.

I don't think the CTD did anything that most other business would of done as far as increasing prices on items that may be banned or outlawed.

Back in 2013 when Colorado enacted their large magazine ban just about every retailer that I walked into had tripled their prices on the items that they had in stock. Then when I checked the online retailers they had flags all over the place that I could not purchase any of the magazines that they had because of the new law going into effect.

Anymore it is the world that we live in.

Didn't realize I was giving you a hard time to begin with.
You are essentially saying my principles are higher than yours, and when someone says crap like "for each to determine", or "to each his own", its a subtle dig, and I dont care for that nonsense.

Until yesterday I had no issue with CTD, I guess many did over previous stunts they pulled, of which I was unaware.
Keep your moralizing to yourself.
Thanks

You are essentially saying my principles are higher than yours, and when someone says crap like "for each to determine", or "to each his own", its a subtle dig, and I dont care for that nonsense.

Until yesterday I had no issue with CTD, I guess many did over previous stunts they pulled, of which I was unaware.
Keep your moralizing to yourself.
Thanks
It's literally to each his own on this matter. If you want to take it as a dig, go right on ahead, cause that's up to you as well. Consider a Snickers or a nap. If you just need someone to talk to about the issues of life, feel free to DM me and I'll listen.

I tried to order some 8x64s ammo from them just now and was told they no longer ship ammo to WA state due to impending new laws, but to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in the new assault rifle laws that would disallow shipping ammo here from out of state, in particular something like this ammo which is NOT related to assault rifles.
This really chaps my hide and is a problem because this ammo is very hard to find anywhere. A seller on GB has some and I will now have to bid on it, just to get some, slightly overpriced but beggars cant be choosers.
The only other place I have found some is SG Ammo and they are out of it.
Brass of course is nonexistent, I emailed S&B who makes the ammo and they said sorry, no can do. I found some in OZ but they cant ship it overseas.

What a giant PITA!!!!!!!!!!!
@sestoppelman
We can't ship loaded ammo but can ship components no problems at all. I have sent brass, projectiles and a barrel to ymthe USA no issues at all.
I have just sent a gift to @Rick HOlbert that he should have in q0 days that's hunting related.
Screenshot_20230811-135956_Chrome.jpg

That equates to around 20 dollars US THEN add postage.
Bob

I had thought I had won some ammo on GB, but the seller failed to complete the transaction, not one email or anything despite many attempts and notes to GB. GB only said they cant make a seller do anything, true enuf I guess, but otherwise useless.

Anyway a number of members were kind enuf to reach out to me with offers of help and I thanked them all but expected the GB guy to follow thru and he didnt, so I went back and contacted who I thought was the first to offer help, which was Bullthrower338.

He ordered the ammo for me and then shipped it to me and it arrived today, so I just wanted to give a big shout out to Cody for helping me out and also to all others who offered to help out.

Much appreciated to all!

Thanks guys!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaun09

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles