Change of plans anyone?

My father once said " that man can lie days without water or food, but One must have a goal to look forward to., or he will just as surely die".
We have move our May trip to November, and hope that works out, if not back again May of 2021.
I so agree with your fathers words!
Terry I hope you can get everything set for November and all goes well. I am still working on plans for my safari group for next year. We are going to hunt the Eastern Cape. We will just have to see how the next couple of months go to see if we have to push back a year.
Philip

Pope Bros. West Texas Mountain Lion Hunt scheduled for this month moved to October...
I have Zero luck on big cats...
Two Strike outs on Leopards in Namibia...
No Snow in New Mexico = no Cougars
Now China is protecting the Cats????? WTF!

What if come May 1 this is largely over.. and youve already cancelled your trip?

Personally, I think its worth holding out a little longer

Yep. I am scheduled to depart LA on July 28th. I'd say if by mid June travel is not restored then I will make the call with the outfitter.

I'd hate to reschedule as my main flight to J'Burg and back is secure, but all the intermediate flights including girlfriend's flight from NYC for a little vacation after the hunt are with SAA and most likely those tickets will burn.

...I’m not getting a good vibe going forward either.... There was the housing boom and people spending more than they could afford. With businesses closing, people laid off and an uncertain future ahead . We are in for some financial ramifications.

Ramifications for some, opportunities for others. I am looking at losing rental income from some commercial tenants, however it is also a great opporunity to go on a buying spree on cents on the dollar as people are trying to bail out.

Pope Bros. West Texas Mountain Lion Hunt scheduled for this month moved to October...
I have Zero luck on big cats...
Two Strike outs on Leopards in Namibia...
No Snow in New Mexico = no Cougars
Now China is protecting the Cats????? WTF!

Wow that is some bad luck!

@Tanks I agree the person with cash and ambition is going to have many opportunities.

Hope everyone is staying safe and holding up well during this lousy period. I know lots of folks here have safaris planned, what’s everyone doing about their plans? I was booked to hunt with Marius next April but like millions of others my portfolio has taken a big hit. Gonna wait till 2022 to get back to the Cape. Meanwhile I’ve taken advantage of the bad economy to book a desert mule deer hunt in Sonora which due to the economy I couldn’t pass up the price. Hopefully long before December all is back to normal. Going to add a Coues deer also if the opportunity arises.

I got a hunting trip booked and paid for for June....Still hopefully that I can go.
Will see

I'm supposed to depart on 06/28 to hunt with the great Spike. T and Takeri Game Reserve. Emirates has already cancelled the Dubai-Lusaka-Harare route and I'm not sure when they'll reopen it. I'm not too worried. I think the plan is to wait and see if things settle down. If Emirates doesn't reopen the route, I imagine that they'll issue refunds. I chat with Mike every day and he feels that he can probably work me into the schedule in September or October.
I did really want to be there when I planned. I'd hate for Mike to miss my stunning rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" on Independence Day,....

Still holding out hope I can be in the Caprivi June 2021 for a cape buffalo...
I am supposed to be headed that way in June also. It is looking grim, but I am still hopeful.

Looks like my Alaskan Brown Bear is down the tubes. Worst thing is the Outfitters seems to be throwing their hands in the air and quoting the contract, which states "In the event the hunt area, season, or species is closed by emergency or regulatory order of the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game........ , no refund or hunt date change will be made." They haven't stated that they would not reschedule but I am getting the idea that they won't. Has anyone run into this same issue and what should I expect? I am still holding out hope for my Namibia Cape Buffalo Hunt in Jue but that is also looking grim.

Looks like my Alaskan Brown Bear is down the tubes. Worst thing is the Outfitters seems to be throwing their hands in the air and quoting the contract, which states "In the event the hunt area, season, or species is closed by emergency or regulatory order of the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game........ , no refund or hunt date change will be made." They haven't stated that they would not reschedule but I am getting the idea that they won't. Has anyone run into this same issue and what should I expect? I am still holding out hope for my Namibia Cape Buffalo Hunt in Jue but that is also looking grim.
That’s not a good way to treat clients. We have just pushed our bear hunters back a season. You might want to mention that they wouldn’t want word of their lack of concern for your hunt to get noticed by the marketplace.

Just got a good email from Delta that we have till May of 2022 to use our tickets we have to Argentina the end of May 2020 with no change fees. Thank you Delta!

That’s not a good way to treat clients. We have just pushed our bear hunters back a season. You might want to mention that they wouldn’t want word of their lack of concern for your hunt to get noticed by the marketplace.
Thanks for the advise, I am still hopeful that they change their tone. and do the same for their clients.

Just got a good email from Delta that we have till May of 2022 to use our tickets we have to Argentina the end of May 2020 with no change fees. Thank you Delta!
I had the same results with a trip to NY 3 weeks ago. Thats why I love using them,

If they pull that clause, please me know so I know to never do business with them.

Well it’s official. I cancelled our trip for July 2020. Received an email from Delta and they cancelled our flight on June 30. It was inevitable but was still clinging to a little hope. Oh well. Onto the new planning stage for 2021 or 2022.

Delta cancelled our flights for Argentina duck hunt about 3 weeks ago. Reschedule for 2021. Yesterday got an email that Qatar Airways just cancelled our flight to South Africa at the end of August!!! Reschedule for 2021!!! This is really getting crazy!!!!

Delta cancelled our flights for Argentina duck hunt about 3 weeks ago. Reschedule for 2021. Yesterday got an email that Qatar Airways just cancelled our flight to South Africa at the end of August!!! Reschedule for 2021!!! This is really getting crazy!!!!

From reading news reports from RSA, I am thinking they will ban foreign travelers until 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scb

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?