Can I shoot 2 Elephant in Zimbabwe?

To be even more clear about the Kruger hunts, a PH friend that I respect a lot who hunts there sometimes and is a sponsor here told me that he could never in good conscience bring me over for a hunt like that. It's just not the experience you are looking for...we have to sometimes shoot in front of the tour buses, there's no tracking, it's over quickly, etc.
That was vastly different from my experience.

As I said it isn’t a tracking hunt because of the number of elephants and the fact that the terrain offers visibility.

The part about shooting in front of tour buses is pure BS. Your source was not being honest with you or was ignorant. That would not happen. The hunting is quite regulated. They last thing they would ever let happen is to shoot in front of some bunny huggers. You can’t just shoot any elephant you see. The hunting is intended to match certain conservation goals. Permits are issued by weight class and they are certain expectations for age.

Although regulations have varied at times, visiting hunters have been hunting the greater Kruger for many years with lawfully issued permits.

It’s a very different hunt from say Zim, but don’t going spewing BS you heard from someone else.

Spewing BS...wow. I didn't say it was your experience...I said it was his and he is a PH there. Your response is pretty strange.

My first ele was in South Africa in the Greater Kruger in 2021. I would do it again, but it is very different than a traditional elephant hunt. The terrain is more akin to a photo safari area rather than the thick stuff usually reserved for hunting. It would be great for anyone who wants to hunt elephant but can’t walk 15 miles a day. There is also a lot of politics to hunting there. My hunt was for a bull up to 30 or 35 lbs, but fully exportable. That was in the days of Covid, and my hunt was the least expensive exportable elephant I’ve ever heard of anyone hunting. I suspect it would cost double now if they are even hunting elephants there.

By buddy and I killed 2 elephant and 2 buffalo hunting 2 on 1 in just 6 days. We spent another 5 or 6 days hunting with a friend of mine in Limpopo.

View attachment 622102View attachment 622103
Absolutely wonderful animals...glad you had a successful hunt in such a short time frame. What did that elephant weigh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AleciaO741

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]