Buffalo Pictures

Two nice
IMG_0193.JPG
bulls this week

Great buffalo bull hunted with Serapa Safaris by Steve Scott, Steve is the host of Safari Hunter Journal. He hunted this bull with a .500S&W Hand gun.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buff with especially with a handgun!

Raymond and buffalo.jpg

great picture from "the old times" (60ies ?) and a fantastic bull.
Do know more about the circumstances ?
Foxi
like the landy in the background

Foxi, Thanks.

I just came across that photo filed in the wrong spot the other day. That is my father with one of his best buffs. It has nice drops. I think it was around 45 with 17 boss. How do you like my suntan in that photo?:D In reality, I was probably taking the photo. That was a herd boy with my dad. He just showed up after the shot. (they usually did) Not sure if it was this kid or not, but one time after field dressing a buff, a herd boy cleaned out the stomach/intestines, wrapped all the internal organs up inside the stomach, ran his knobkerrie and spear through it and carried it away on his back. It weighed a lot more than he did. We would quarter the buffalo and load it onto the rack or the back of the Landover.

I'm not sure which Landover this was. I think it was a mid 60's Landover. Time has a way of dulling the memories. (I don't see a rack in this photo which was very unusual. Might have been fixing it.) When we were hunting I would normally set in a spare tire on the rack to look for game. One day my father was going too fast near a tree and I was knocked off by a limb. (I partially bailed off) He ran me to close to thorn trees a number of times.:D It would have been nice to have a bakkie with a highseat.

The rifle was a M70 375 with I believe a Weaver 2x or 4x scope. I think it was about a 1960 model. Location is the Usangu Flats which is where we normally hunted. We hunted for meat not trophies. Usually we would take the first grown bull we saw. Usually they would be in a herd and we would shoot the oldest/biggest. Didn't hunt to hard for dugga boys or trophies as that took more time. Different time and place.

Nice bulls Hans!

Bull in the bamboo area of Mbizi.
full

Buffalo in thick bamboo.
full

Cape Buffalo hunted in Caprivi Namibia.

full

Proper old bruiser taken on safari recently... the perfect Buff in my opinion!

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kikono123

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?