Budget double rifles

I may be an odd bird, but my interest in doubles is 100% about functionality and 0% artistry. I care deeply about an individual gun's history but nothing about the history of the gun maker.

I say this to say, I'd be fine with a reliable double made overnight in a fine tolerance CNC machine and thrown together in the morning by a minimum waged student working his way through college, as long as it was functional.

I don't know why some entrepreneur hasn't picked up on this market potential?
Functionality is indeed first for me too RH, followed by fit. If it doesnt work, it is an anchor, no matter how pretty it is. Functionality includes the inherent design of the gun as well as the execution of that design and of course the materials used. There is a huge amount of skill and excellence to set up machinery to do that to the incredibly fine tolerances we are seeing in the Heym 89b for example (I know that one best so far). Once that is right you can add the aesthetics as you wish. I originally ordered my Heym with zero embelishment, not because I couldn't afford it, but because I wanted to capture the elegant simplicity of the clean lines. In the end I compromised upon minimal edge engraving, but if I could go back I would leave that off. Here are a few pictures of a bare 98b.
D50FD982-93B5-43DF-86C5-8EF6AE90E545.jpeg
DDD9C896-D541-456C-86E7-37E74BC851FE.jpeg

Fit is very important....when you shoulder a double rifle fast the open sights should automatically line up.. Double rifles are made for fast instictive shooting..

Please have a look at this:

Response time.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeHor

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with