Brown bear hunting is open in Romania after 8 years!

HUNTROMANIA

Sponsor
Since 2021
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.huntromania.com
Deals & offers
Media
I want to share with you this news. Today is official and legal! After 8 years of hunting ban, more than 20 peoples was killed, hundreds of them suffered injuries, millions of euros payed for compensations to farmers, government decided to reopen the bear hunting to reduce the bear population and try to prevent more bear attacks and problems.
ea5e720f-31df-4d79-902f-4bc9ded9557c.jpeg

I will come back soon with offers and opportunities for hunters.

I've been curious to see where this is going. Good to hear.

Congrats to your country and your fellow outfitters. This seems like very good news for all involved

I look forward to hunting with your outfit one day soon.

I want to share with you this news. Today is official and legal! After 8 years of hunting ban, more than 20 peoples was killed, hundreds of them suffered injuries, millions of euros payed for compensations to farmers, government decided to reopen the bear hunting to reduce the bear population and try to prevent more bear attacks and problems. View attachment 621396
I will come back soon with offers and opportunities for hunters.

Please allow me to be the First to ask the question::cool:

What other animals can be added onto a bear hunt?

You know I’m up for this hunt in the future!! I remember seeing all the footprints and the sow that we spooked while glassing for roe deer!!! This is awesome news!!!View attachment 621400View attachment 621401View attachment 621402

For those interested about hunt last year with Marius, send me a DM. Fantastic experience and can’t wait to do a brown bear hunt with him!!

Last edited:
Please allow me to be the First to ask the question::cool:

What other animals can be added onto a bear hunt?
We can hunt brown bear, red stag, Carpathian chamois, wild boars.

I hunted bear with Marius in 2015 just before the unexpected closure. Everything went perfectly so I know many hunters will have great experiences once again with him.

I’ve always planned to go back and now this is the perfect excuse!

IMG_1683.jpeg

Thanks again Marius, I look forward to our next hunt!

Oh, the environmental protection associations will be up in arms about this and will be lashing out at the country with what feels like 1,000 lawsuits.Romania has absurdly high bear populations.
A bear is much easier to get than a red deer.
In the cities, they compete with garbage collection
Farmers often only dare to go into the forest in small groups to do woodwork.
I experienced this myself during the deer rut in Hargita.
In a cornfield of about 4 ha -8 bears in it.

From the beginning I would like to say that government impose a size limit for export. The limit is 400 CIC points with a tolerance of 5%. If the trophy is bigger is not exportable. We have profesional guides to avoid this issue.

I hunted bear with Marius in 2015 just before the unexpected closure. Everything went perfectly so I know many hunters will have great experiences once again with him.

I’ve always planned to go back and now this is the perfect excuse!

View attachment 621403
Thanks again Marius, I look forward to our next hunt!
Wow, excelent picture John Ed, thank you for sharing.

From the beginning I would like to say that government impose a size limit for export. The limit is 400 CIC points with a tolerance of 5%. If the trophy is bigger is not exportable. We have profesional guides to avoid this issue.

400 CIC Points?

Pardon my ignorance. I go by the age, height / length, and weight of a bear.

What age, height /length, and weight bear would go over the maximum 400 CIC score?

Marius, what season would be preferred, the Fall or Spring?

400 CIC round about 7 feet,may be not quite.
Points say nothing about the age.
A 400er in autumn can weight 300 kG
In springtime 200 kg.
They are loosing 1/3 during wintertime.
A strong bear is 450-500 CIC Points.
Some are so big and fat that they are ugly.
I know of a Romanian industrialist who feeds his bears with honey and chocolate all year round so that the little ones grow up to be especially big.
No joke - excesses don't only exist in Africa!
They have often not the length like your Brownbears.
But some are so good like strong Interior -grizzlies.
@ samson
not ideal this wish. A red deer during the rut and bear ?
I would be sceptical about that opportunity.
You can bear shoot during a driven boar hunt.Yes,when they are open again.Lots of European hunters have done it.
But a bear is too noble to be shot with a pig (for me)

Last edited:
Would it be possible within the EU? Or same restrictions?

Here is how we determine the CIC scoring for bear hide.
IMG_3714.jpeg

In the fall bears are much bigger because of the fat. Skin is shiny, they are looking very nice. In the spring, hair is longer, and they are about 20%-30% skinnier comparing with the fall. I prefer to hunt them in October and late April.
The export conditions are the same.

400 CIC round about 7 feet,may be not quite.
Points say nothing about the age.
A 400er in autumn can weight 300 kG
In springtime 200 kg.
They are loosing 1/3 during wintertime.
A strong bear is 450-500 CIC Points.
Some are so big and fat that they are ugly.
I know of a Romanian industrialist who feeds his bears with honey and chocolate all year round so that the little ones grow up to be especially big.
No joke - excesses don't only exist in Africa!
They have often not the length like your Brownbears.
But some are so good like strong Interior -grizzlies.
@ samson
not ideal this wish. A red deer during the rut and bear ?
I would be sceptical about that opportunity.
You can bear shoot during a driven boar hunt.Yes,when they are open again.Lots of European hunters have done it.
But a bear is too noble to be shot with a pig (for me)
Most of my red stag hunters in the Carpathian Mountains faced the bears during the hunt. The bears and red stag are using the same feeding fields: grass or corn, etc.
I saw many bears chasing red stag during the rut, I experienced bear running in my direction when I started to imitate the red stag. I saw also big red stag chasing bears and wolves.
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3717.jpeg
IMG_3715.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
istonecare

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's