AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Argentina, Namibia, Cameroon, Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Hello
I am just wondering if anyone on this site has RECENTLY received a Blaser barrel from Pale Horse Zero. I mean in the last 6 months or so.
They used to ask for a full price deposit and were almost a year away with no refund but have now gone back to a $500 deposit and 6-8 month turnaround.
I am considering a .25/06 barrel for my R8
If you prefer you may also P.M. me with responses
Thanks

Hello
I am just wondering if anyone on this site has RECENTLY received a Blaser barrel from Pale Horse Zero. I mean in the last 6 months or so.
They used to ask for a full price deposit and were almost a year away with no refund but have now gone back to a $500 deposit and 6-8 month turnaround.
I am considering a .25/06 barrel for my R8
If you prefer you may also P.M. me with responses
Thanks
If that is the case, I'll have to check on that. Have been wanting a 7PRC.

I’ll follow this thread because I’d like a .404J
It seems this caliber is becoming quite popular on the Blaser platform. @bowjijohn has one coming on the way now.

Having owned a 416RM Selous (22mm) barrel, I'm happy to stay with a more slim profile 17mm for the weight savings. Not sure how that would feel (for recoil) in a 404J configuration. Maybe a 19mm profile would be a good compromise.

It seems this caliber is becoming quite popular on the Blaser platform. @bowjijohn has one coming on the way now.

Having owned a 416RM Selous (22mm) barrel, I'm happy to stay with a more slim profile 17mm for the weight savings. Not sure how that would feel (for recoil) in a 404J configuration. Maybe a 19mm profile would be a good compromise.
I am very comfortable with my 458Lott in a Selous. I'm not uncomfortable with the weight, I have always liked a heavier rifle. I know I'm in the minority camp on this mindset.

Always interested in all things Blaser.

Just recieved a message from them, they are using Pac Nor barrels now. I asked them why not Krieger any more? I'm waiting for a response. They want a 500.00 deposit I'm fine with that. 6-8 months for the blank, I'm fine with that. Think I'm going with the .750 at 25" in 1-8 for a 7PRC it is 1360.00 thread 5/8-24 cerakote black.

So...I guess I did not hit the post button. They have gotten back to me on a Sunday no less (that pretty impressive for customer service). They can still do Krieger it is just a 14-20 month wait on them. He said which ever way I wanted the would get the ball rolling. I'm going to push forward with with the 7PRC using the Pac-Nor barrel.

The only way I'd buy a Sipp barrel is COD. NO WAY I'M PAYING UP FRONT.
Agreed! That's why I am looking at PaleHorse Zero.

I have 2 barrels being made for me by Pale Horse for my Blaser R8.
First in 458 lott and the other in 375 H&H. Communication has been great so far with multiple conversations and emails.

HH

I have 2 barrels being made for me by Pale Horse for my Blaser R8.
First in 458 lott and the other in 375 H&H. Communication has been great so far with multiple conversations and emails.

HH
Thank you. Nice to know if someone else has confidence in the company and product. If I may ask, when did you place the order and/or when is it expected? Did you choose any extra features?

Thank you. Nice to know if someone else has confidence in the company and product. If I may ask, when did you place the order and/or when is it expected? Did you choose any extra features?

I’m only a couple of weeks into the process with an estimated 4-6 month completion time. I will keep everyone updated as I continue through the process.

HH

I got one of the PHZ R8 barrels a year ago. Took a year to get it, but that was because Krieger had all sorts of COVID-related issues. Communication with PHZ was very good and the barrel quality was great.

Just recieved a message from them, they are using Pac Nor barrels now. I asked them why not Krieger any more? I'm waiting for a response. They want a 500.00 deposit I'm fine with that. 6-8 months for the blank, I'm fine with that. Think I'm going with the .750 at 25" in 1-8 for a 7PRC it is 1360.00 thread 5/8-24 cerakote black.

So...I guess I did not hit the post button. They have gotten back to me on a Sunday no less (that pretty impressive for customer service). They can still do Krieger it is just a 14-20 month wait on them. He said which ever way I wanted the would get the ball rolling. I'm going to push forward with with the 7PRC using the Pac-Nor barrel.
Seems price is $1580 on their site. Did it go up or had you ordered with some sort of discount?

Along the same thread.... has anyone had experience with J Sip and Sons for replacement Blaser Barrels? They are much more affordable than $3500 and looks like weeks on turnaround for a custom build...

Along the same thread.... has anyone had experience with J Sip and Sons for replacement Blaser Barrels? They are much more affordable than $3500 and looks like weeks on turnaround for a custom build...
From older threads here, avoid those folks. They seem to have horrible communication and take forever to deliver. I would not believe in a few weeks turnaround on an actual barrel.

Seems price is $1580 on their site. Did it go up or had you ordered with some sort of discount?

That was the using a PN barrel and not a KRIEGER. That could be the difference I don't know. I'm no one special just emailed them for a quote, that's the price I was quoted.

Thank you..... made it through half of the thread before my eyes crossed..... consensus seems to be hit or miss. I will stick with native barrels as I can locate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrineCre

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim