Novice Huntress

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hi All,
Here is an episode from Blaser's current digital fair, discussing their new range of B2 rifle scopes.

It is in German but with English subtitles.

Now I would assume if Jagd and Hund had taken place these would have been showcased during the show?

So obviously I think they have listened to people who shoot and have changed some aspects compared to previous range and obviously for thermal use as stated.

So it's worth 20mins of your time, a first look

No I don't know what the price is!!!

But I use a R8 so do many others, enjoy.

Rgds

Hi all how you doing?

I posted this thread just over a week ago and now a UK gun writer has posted a fresh review of these new models of Blaser B2 rifle scope,

Now I have no link with this guy, but do read his articles in a couple of different shooting magazines, again it's worth 20 minutes of your time. Hopefully these will be on display at the British shooting show at Birmingham NEC this coming week?

Any case at least you can see the latest offering and get to see a field review by someone.

Enjoy

Thanks for posting. I am glad Blaser is expanding the line. I liked some things about their initial three offerings but the limited elevation adjustments were a deal breaker.

It looks like they are priced right around a comparable (by zoom and objective size) Swaro Z6i.

I can understand someone wanting to have the same brand of scope and rifle with the iC offered by Blaser. Not to mention using it for night hunting with their clip on adapter and thermal options.

Seeing the Blaser B2 along side a Swaro Z6i and comparing them up close and personal would be very interesting. Thanks for sharing @Novice Huntress.

I have just purchased Blaser B2 2-12x50 for my K95 9.3x74R barrel. I mounted it on the rifle last night. Initial impressions are very good – optical clarity is fantastic, and the mechanics feel very solid. These are just initial impressions though. I will take the rifle to the range and hunting in early Jan. I'll try to post a short review after the "field trials" and compare it to other scopes I own (Swaro, Zeiss, Leica, Nightforce).
B2.jpeg

@Opposite Pole - I'll be interested in your impressions of the first focal plane used by Blaser. In general, most hunting scopes use SFP where the reticle stays the same size and FFP gets more use in competitive shooting because the reticle and target grow with the magnification at the same rate.

1671797739779.png

B1 ha
@Opposite Pole - I'll be interested in your impressions of the first focal plane used by Blaser. In general, most hunting scopes use SFP where the reticle stays the same size and FFP gets more use in competitive shooting because the reticle and target grow with the magnification at the same rate.

View attachment 507059
B1 models use FFP reticle, B2 are the usual SFP.

Ahh. Appreciate the correction.

What will you be comparing the Blaser optics to?

Swarovski Z8i, Zeiss Victory Varipoint IC T, Leica Magnus, Leica Visus, Nightforce ATACR and Nightforce SHV.

A friend of mine is using the 2-12x50 on his R8 and I got the chance to have a look at it.

Nice scope within the mid-price range.
From my personal perspective it's comparable to Z6 or Kahles.

Personally I don't like the combination of a scope and a second thermal option at the same time.
But that doesn't depend on the scope, of course

@Opposite Pole How did the evaluation go? Interested in a B2 but not too keen on the weight.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot the rifle yet. I looked through it several times in a variety of light conditions and compared it to my other scopes - the glass quality seems very good. However, so far I only looked out of the window of my house. This week coming I’m unlikely to get a chance to filed test it but the following Monday I should be able to hit the range and later take it for an afternoon/evening hunt which would give me some realistic idea of the scope’s performance.

With regards to weight. Most modern optics follow the route of most modern cars - way too heavy and B2 is no exception, it is not a lightweight choice. I mounted the optic on a relatively light, single-shot rifle chambered for 9.3x74R. For the hunting I’ll be doing with it the extra weight is not a problem and perhaps a bonus but there certainly are lighter options out there, like Z6i, Z8i or Victory HT.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot the rifle yet. I looked through it several times in a variety of light conditions and compared it to my other scopes - the glass quality seems very good. However, so far I only looked out of the window of my house. This week coming I’m unlikely to get a chance to filed test it but the following Monday I should be able to hit the range and later take it for an afternoon/evening hunt which would give me some realistic idea of the scope’s performance.

With regards to weight. Most modern optics follow the route of most modern cars - way too heavy and B2 is no exception, it is not a lightweight choice. I mounted the optic on a relatively light, single-shot rifle chambered for 9.3x74R. For the hunting I’ll be doing with it the extra weight is not a problem and perhaps a bonus but there certainly are lighter options out there, like Z6i, Z8i or Victory HT.
Thanks for your reply.
Looking forward to hearing what you think.
I also have a K95 Ultimate and my idea is to use it for all hunting in 2023. From moose hunting with a dog in northern Sweden to hunting red deer during the rut in Poland. Has become obsessed with keeping the weight down. The best candidates so far are the Zeiss HT 2.5-10 or a Leica visus 2.5-10x42. Both with rail. The Zeiss is easier to find so it's leaning towards that.

Thanks for your reply.
Looking forward to hearing what you think.
I also have a K95 Ultimate and my idea is to use it for all hunting in 2023. From moose hunting with a dog in northern Sweden to hunting red deer during the rut in Poland. Has become obsessed with keeping the weight down. The best candidates so far are the Zeiss HT 2.5-10 or a Leica visus 2.5-10x42. Both with rail. The Zeiss is easier to find so it's leaning towards that.

I have a Visus 1-4 on my double and was planning to get 2.5-10 for this rifle but couldn’t find one.

Since I got my K95s I have pretty much stopped hunting with other rifles, I really enjoy mine. For lightweight options it’s hard to beat 50 and 44mm Swaro Z6i and Z8i scopes. I have a 1.7-13.3x42 Z8i on one of the barrels and it’s a fantastic glass. With smaller objective it also looks good on the rifle. This is my opinion only but anything over 50mm looks silly on a kipplauf. I tried 56mm on mine and the difference between it and 50 is very noticeable. Below is the 1.7-13.

Image1673172100.658010.jpg
Image1673172164.752303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qawsed

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?