Best route to Vic falls from US traveling with Rifle

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I live in Ky and I will drive to the airport that I'll be leaving the country from. What is the best route to get to Vic falls? ATL-Joberg on Delta then a connection?

Drive to Nashville then United to Newark-JNB, overnight and a 90min Airlink flight into Vic Falls.
Or Like you said, drive to ATL and hop on Delta.

(y) thanks. that sounds like the way to go. I've got a buddy in ATL and I can leave my truck at his house and Uber to the airport. That will work swimmingly.

(y) thanks. that sounds like the way to go. I've got a buddy in ATL and I can leave my truck at his house and Uber to the airport. That will work swimmingly.
Heck if you want just leave the truck at our place, it's along the way.

I drove to Lexington and flew Delta to JHB via ATL without issue, but Nashville or ATL would also work.

I am following this thread as I have 2 trips to Vic Falls next year. The 2 choices I see for me are Dulles to JNB then Airlink up to VFA. The other, much shorter and cheaper choice is, Dulles through Addis Abada to Vic Falls on Ethiopian Airlines. But the massive headache I see with this is I have to deplane in Addis Abada and allow them to check my gun even though I am in transit. The layover on some of those flights are 35 minutes to 1 hour, that seems like anxiety overload. For me the difference in fare between these 2 routes, business class, is around 2500.00.

Delta AL is the best with guns. Been to Africa four times with them all ALT JNB and they never missed a beat. Airlink is good for travel in continent. Just be ready to notify in advance that you will be checking a rifle and ammo and be prepared to pay their fees.

I leave August 31st for Vic Falls. I am flying from my hometown of Valdosta, GA. A small airport that is easy to check in at. I can check my rifles and duffel bag there all the way to Joburg. It’s about a 45 minute flight to Atlanta then on to Joburg on 200. Overnight at City Lodge then catch the connector the next morning into Vic Falls. I’ve done this route to Joburg 5 times but in the past I have either connected to Windhoek or hunted RSA without a connection. This will be my first trip to Zim to hunt. I’ll post up how it goes when I get back. I use Gracy Travel to make all my travel arrangements.

Gracy is great Travel Express does my stuff. Both are excellent and I love City Lodge.

I would suggest you look at Ethiopian Airlines. Flies directly into Victoria Falls Airport.

Or maybe Kenya Air into Livingstone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andama

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with