Airfare rates

Delta, wheel's up in 6 days, Detroit-Atlanta-Joburg:
Comfort+ exit row seats DTW to ATL flights, 13E and F outbound, 10A and B exit row/bulkhead inbound.
Comfort+ bulkhead ATL to Joburg and back, 30A and B.
Purchased in October '23 for $2956 each, all inclusive.
Get 2 free checked bags in Comfort+, also free drinks (y)
I'm 6'4" and my son is 6'9", can't do cattle class
row 30 is great!

August 2024
Qatar Air
IAH -> DOH -> JNB
round trip economy+ for 2 people, 16D and 16E (bulkhead right behind 1st class) on all legs
4200 USD

fares were purchased last September as soon as the flights were published

August 2024
Qatar Air
IAH -> DOH -> JNB
round trip economy+ for 2 people, 16D and 16E (bulkhead right behind 1st class) on all legs
4200 USD

fares were purchased last September as soon as the flights were published
Just FYI in economy , don’t count on those seats for “all” legs. In 2022, at least two of us were assigned center seats on the way back when we had aisle and window seats respectively on the way over. You’re only guaranteed a seat but maybe you’ll be lucky. Good luck and have fun on your hunt!

I bet you can sleep on planes too lol..
Man I wish I could. It would change my perspective. I like to get to Joberg and go sleep or try to anyway. Lots of guys go through Doha like you and love it. For the price I need to try it once as the business class is much more reasonable
If you have status with American or Miles you get higher allowances on bags in both numbers and weight. You can use miles on the ticket with both BA and Qatar. BA allows you to use systemwide upgrades as well.

$1036 for Prem economy the. Upgrades to business class … sub $2k for Prem economy and upgrade to Q-suite. Guaranteed premium economy and normally exit row bulkhead seats if you don’t do the business/qsuite upgrades. I’ll take the 4-5 hour layover at DOH go to the 1st Class Lounge and extra a$$ time

Last edited:
Just FYI in economy , don’t count on those seats for “all” legs. In 2022, at least two of us were assigned center seats on the way back when we had aisle and window seats respectively on the way over. You’re only guaranteed a seat but maybe you’ll be lucky. Good luck and have fun on your hunt!
Well, I paid for econ+, about an extra $500 each. Whether I get those exact seats...

1723511929762.png

I bet you can sleep on planes too lol..
Man I wish I could. It would change my perspective. I like to get to Joberg and go sleep or try to anyway. Lots of guys go through Doha like you and love it. For the price I need to try it once as the business class is much more reasonable
No one wants you sleeping on a plane. I don’t think they have room for the CPAP machine :ROFLMAO:.

The deals to be had are in business class. Be patient and be ready to buy when prices drop. I paid 5 and change for delta one this year. With that being said Qatar is the better choice for food, comfort, and service. It seems all flight attendants on delta are apathetic at best.

IME, if you are an American hunter traveling to Africa with rifles, you need to use Travel Express or Gracy Travel.

A $200-$300 upcharge is well worth it, because they will facilitate everything.

If your flight goes through Amsterdam, you should just plan on renting rifles...

I'm booked, so now I can contribute.

Chicago to Johannesburg through Heathrow
1st leg is American 2nd leg is British Airways
Economy without luggage
$880 per person x 4 people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeHor

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with