Best looking round

If this were a 1925 advertisement, the .500 Jeffrey being sold then in their "No. 1 Model" for $355us, would be $5,655.70us if purchased in 2021, according to the online U.S. Inflation Calculator. Interesting.

Ad is from the 1939 Stoeger catalog, factor just over 20X for 01 / 2022 equivalent.

Ad is from the 1939 Stoeger catalog, factor just over 20X for 01 / 2022 equivalent.
From 1939 to 2022, the rifle cost would now be $7120.48us. Less inflation cost than starting from 1925? Why? Probably because of the Great Depression here from 1929 through and up until the ‘40s, when the U.S. entered WW2 when inflation was probably in a “deflation” scenario throughout the ‘30s?

From 1939 to 2022, the rifle cost would now be $7120.48us. Less inflation cost than starting from 1925? Why? Probably because of the Great Depression here from 1929 through and up until the ‘40s, when the U.S. entered WW2 when inflation was probably in a “deflation” scenario throughout the ‘30s?
That is correct.

As I scrolled through all these posts I was really surprised that the 22 Hornet came up so many times here on our African forum where you would think the big bores rule. Although I have to admit that the Hornet has probably become my favorite round to load and shoot out of 40+ different calibers I load. Picture is all I had here at work, so the 458 WM is there for comparison. 33 and 450 grain bullets shown. They are both great looking in their own way - as are all the picks listed on this thread.
photo_2022-02-05_12-11-50.jpg

I previously referenced a T.G. Sheppard song in stating my affection for a wide range of rounds. I stand by that.

However, if forced to pick one... there seems to be some correlation between my favorite round and how I appreciate the female form: shorter, zesty, and a bit on the chunky side, especially larger below the shoulders and at the bottom. (and yes, as a matter of fact, my wife does fit this description)

Photo credit: RifleShooter

ga_338_122008a.jpg

Width at the base of the shoulder is .357"

Not sure how they are shoehorning .45" into .357"
First they Anneal the brass to expand the neck, no neck turning required as the wall thickness is reduced in the forming proccess.
Secondly this thing is fired in a mini Mortar made from a .loose tolerance .45 cal barrel.
The only downside is brass life.

First they Anneal the brass to expand the neck, no neck turning required as the wall thickness is reduced in the forming proccess.
Secondly this thing is fired in a mini Mortar made from a .loose tolerance .45 cal barrel.
The only downside is brass life.
What is the purpose of doing this?

What is the purpose of doing this?
Someone posted some mystical round named the .45 Aggie. (I left this one alone)

@BeeMaa pointed out the projectile is of larger diameter than the case itself. (He's a Yank that likes our Humour)

I couldn't help but write some more nonsense to legitimise the round that drops in from the muzzle by default.

There was a .243 Myra based on a .222 case built by Arthur Langsford.. one of several wildcats of his design.

Someone posted some mystical round named the .45 Aggie. (I left this one alone)

@BeeMaa pointed out the projectile is of larger diameter than the case itself. (He's a Yank that likes our Humour)

I couldn't help but write some more nonsense to legitimise the round that drops in from the muzzle by default.

There was a .243 Myra based on a .222 case built by Arthur Langsford.. one of several wildcats of his design.
Thanks, i had a 6mm 223 great little cartridge with75grain Sierras shot a lot of cats at night , you could shine the spot light through the holes in them!

Aussie shooters get more satisfaction from shooting Feral Cats that anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doris0158

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!