Best binos with rangefinder

Theleatherman

AH member
Reaction score
Greetings to all, I am thinking of upgrading my equipment by acquiring some binoculars with rangefinder for stalking. What I have in mind are some affordable binoculars with very good brightness for sunrises and sunsets, in 10x42. Tell me about your experiences, about products that you have tried and that may be useful to me. Swarowski and leica are out of my reach, I'm looking for something more affordable. Thanks in advance

What's your budget? That will help get you and us heading on the right path.

I have a pair of the Meopta MeoPro Optika 6 HD range finders in 10x42. I really like them, and for the price, hard to beat.

What's your budget? That will help get you and us heading on the right path.
I wasn't thinking of anything much higher than 2000, unless you convince me that they are worth it. But if I can find something of the same quality cheaper, even better.

have Swarovski 10x42 which are excellent

I have a pair of the Meopta MeoPro Optika 6 HD range finders in 10x42. I really like them, and for the price, hard to beat.
I think Alpen Optics has ones very similar for a similar price, they are an option to consider.

leica geovid 3200.com

I am very happy with the Carl Zeiss Victory RF 8x54 I bought a few years ago. They make them in 42 mm and 10x as well.

I consider them an affordable purchase, because I am unlikely to ever replace them, and therefore the purchase price can be amortized over a great many years

Last edited:
I’ve been very happy with my Sig LRF binos. They have spent many days in the dusty Arizona desert and still performing like new. I have also been very pleased with their ranging performance and distant objects. I will likely upgrade one day to something with a quality LRF and onboard ballistics (at least as good as my current Sig binos) but with better glass. If I were to do that today I would probably buy the Leicas. They aren’t cheap though.

I think the Sig’s are a good value at a lower price point. It is unlikely an LRF will be a lifetime purchase. The electronics will most likely fail at some point. My assessment is I expect them to last at least 5 years, and hope they will last 10. I’m not sure if vortex warranties their LRFs like their normal optics, but that would certainly add favor to their consideration if they do. I prefer my Sigs over the Vortex, but if I were to want a lifetime LRF bino and they handled their warranty that way, it would be appealing.

Hi,
had the same thinking about a bino with rangefinder…

After a lot of research including AH I decided to keep my small Nikon rangefinder in the backpack and will buy a new Minox x-active 10x44, ZEISS Terra ED 10x42 or Kowa BD II 10x42 XD.

Hope this „binos with RF list“ helps for your research:

Leica Geovid R 10x42

Steiner 10x42 Ranger LRF

Kahles Helia RF 10x42

Minox X-range

NOBLEX NF 10x42 R

Bushnell FusionX 10x42

ATN BINOX 4K 4-16X (digital day/night)

just my 2 cents

I wasn't thinking of anything much higher than 2000, unless you convince me that they are worth it. But if I can find something of the same quality cheaper, even better.

What type of hunting and shooting do you normally do? Are you a 200 yard and in guy? Or do you stretch it out past 600?

If you are able to come up with a bit more than your initial budget I doubt you will find a better deal than this any time soon.

Leica Geovid 10x42, bright, clear, durable, dependable, fabulous customer service. $1,399 @ eurooptic. Not likely to depreciate much, if any...

Another vote for the Leica Geovid 10x42. There are a few better out there, but not for the money.

I've been reading about them. It seems like Meopta are good value in a reasonable price point.
I've read a lot of positive things on Meopta and I have 2 scopes.
I used the Leica range finding Ninos the PH had. Great optics, my wife asked if I needed a set. I said no , I wouldn't use them enough at home where I mostly shoot pest inside 200 yards . I would like them but they would run a bit over $3000 here and I just wouldn't use them enough

How many pairs of binoculars do you already own? What is the total cost of having purchased them?
By the time the OP’s question comes up, there is probably a few pairs in the house and an upgrade imminent. Think about the next upgrade in 5 years, what will that cost too? Maybe best to just get the higher end one now. I doubt you will find many people who bought a pair of swaro or Leica binos tell you it was a bad decision.
Put the $$ aside now, skip a few unnecessary expenses and get a set of binoculars that you will keep and use for a few decades.

Greetings to all, I am thinking of upgrading my equipment
Other people upgrade their equipment too; and some of them are upgrading from the type of binocular that you want but cannot currently afford. Given the rapid changes in integrated ballistics technology, some pretty high-quality binos become "obsolete" but remain completely serviceable for those of us who don't need the latest and greatest, with all of the bells and whistles.

Go look for slightly older, used rangefinder binos in good condition. They're out there.

Here is a link to an 11 page thread that covers rangefinder binos as well as regular ones.

I purchased Leica geovid R 10x42 1 month ago from Eurooptic. Simply put, Phenomenal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharissaBe

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]