Backup Handgun

@Neophyte

Contact Marius at Henry Rifle Permits ask for him to send you a copy of RSA handgun hunting regulations and the SAPS 520 for pre-approved permit assistance.

That's what I did when I took my 44 mag with me as a backup for a buff hunt in Zimbabwe and later in RSA where I thought about hunting with it. I used my 375H&H for everything on that safari.

EDIT:

Not that it matters, but it would help with SAPS if you mounted a scope on the revolver. Or if not wanting to use a scope, us a couple of wire tipes to attach the scope to the frame then can the scope off when you get to the lodge.

I mean, there's always this as an option:
1724654632374.png
1724654658271.png

I carry a Glock 20 in a Marsupial holster under my binocular chest rig when hunting in grizzly country in NA.

I would not fool with a pistol in Africa.

That goober throwing the spear at the cow is disgusting. Some people have no shame.

In SA one is not permitted to use a semi-auto firearm for hunting purposes so I doubt a semi - auto pistol will be allowed into the country for the purposes of hunting . If one was attending a legitimate and recognised sport shoot such and one was invited then a semi-auto pistol will most probably be allowed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebraMoen

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa