Backup Handgun

@Neophyte

Contact Marius at Henry Rifle Permits ask for him to send you a copy of RSA handgun hunting regulations and the SAPS 520 for pre-approved permit assistance.

That's what I did when I took my 44 mag with me as a backup for a buff hunt in Zimbabwe and later in RSA where I thought about hunting with it. I used my 375H&H for everything on that safari.

EDIT:

Not that it matters, but it would help with SAPS if you mounted a scope on the revolver. Or if not wanting to use a scope, us a couple of wire tipes to attach the scope to the frame then can the scope off when you get to the lodge.
 
I mean, there's always this as an option:
1724654632374.png
1724654658271.png
 
I carry a Glock 20 in a Marsupial holster under my binocular chest rig when hunting in grizzly country in NA.

I would not fool with a pistol in Africa.


That goober throwing the spear at the cow is disgusting. Some people have no shame.
 
In SA one is not permitted to use a semi-auto firearm for hunting purposes so I doubt a semi - auto pistol will be allowed into the country for the purposes of hunting . If one was attending a legitimate and recognised sport shoot such and one was invited then a semi-auto pistol will most probably be allowed.
 
In SA one is not permitted to use a semi-auto firearm for hunting purposes so I doubt a semi - auto pistol will be allowed into the country for the purposes of hunting . If one was attending a legitimate and recognised sport shoot such and one was invited then a semi-auto pistol will most probably be allowed.

I thought the samething to be sure about semi auto handguns allowed for hunting need to check the laws/regulations. IIRC a fellow used a 10mm semi automatic pistol to hunt a cape buff.

RSA's handgun laws/regulations are Very Detailed on what minimum calibers and minimum barrel lengths by specie to legally use for hunting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,422
Messages
1,575,675
Members
170,373
Latest member
AimeeDik4
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top