AUSTRIA: Alpine Ibex With St. Hubertus Hunting Tours

Congratulations on a fantastic hunt and thanks for the great writeup. What's the taxidermy situation on a hunt like that?

Congrats and thanks for the excellent trip report. Really enjoyable read and photos!

Congratulations what a fantastic trip. I’d been assigned a Swiss tag in the last year the hunt there was open to foreigners but Covid shut downs back in New Zealand stopped me from going. I’ll have to look into Austria

Great report! Thank you!

Were you able to get a chance to eat any of the game you took?

I’d been assigned a Swiss tag in the last year the hunt there was open to foreigners but Covid shut downs back in New Zealand stopped me from going.

That might be the most heart breaking thing I read today. To be that lucky and have COVID mess it up, I wish you luck in the future and hope you can make it happen.

Congratulations on a fantastic hunt and thanks for the great writeup. What's the taxidermy situation on a hunt like that?

So far it has been smooth, apparently the person handling the Austrian side of things does work for the Museums in Vienna. I will have it imported through JFK and sent to my taxidermist in PA.

I will also have to let you know what the shipping quote is, but hopefully not too bad.

Great report and good shooting. A rented rifle just isn't the same as your own. Beautiful animals. Nice to read your report even after talking on the phone with you about it. Congrats
Bruce

I have to smile reading this. Since your 7mm SAUM is one of my top 5 favorite hunting rifles of all time. That rifle will always have a special place in my heart.

On a bit of a serious note, I have shot both the straight pull blaser and merkels, and if I was starting over, I would get either in a heartbeat.

Thank you for sharing your experience and hunt with us. Austria is a very beautiful country. Going to look at some of the European outfitters at SCI this year. I would love to hunt there. as a young soldier stationed in Germany spent a fair amount of time hiking, mountain biking, and skiing in Austria.

Great write up and well done on a lovely ibex.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! This looks and sounds like a great trip. The Alpine Ibex seems to be the most coveted from a supply and demand standpoint.

Congratulations on a fine trophy you don't see in every trophy hunter's collection. Well done.

Just found this report. I'm going to Austria hunting chamois in early Sept.
Congrats. I also hunted with St Hubertus in the Czech Republic last year with great results also.

I'm doing this hunt through an Austrian friend.

Just found this report. I'm going to Austria hunting chamois in early Sept.
Congrats. I also hunted with St Hubertus in the Czech Republic last year with great results also.

I'm doing this hunt through an Austrian friend.

I think my dad and I might be going back in 2025 and will combine Austria with Croatia.

I think my dad and I might be going back in 2025 and will combine Austria with Croatia.
Hi, if you would like to combine it with hunting in Slovakia, let me know and I will put you in touch with a reliable operator with whom I also hunt.

Hi, if you would like to combine it with hunting in Slovakia, let me know and I will put you in touch with a reliable operator with whom I also hunt.

Could you PM that information, definitely interested in going to new places.

Thanks!

When charged by the inch have hunters in Europe got an extreme sticker shock?

Wmh! Just stumbled on your report. Well written and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannieCol

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles