Argentina Exporter Raided Trophies Seized

Some of these trophies are irreplaceable. What are the odds of even finding something like a bongo or leopard cape...that just makes my hair stand up on edge
I have had a lot of trophies shipped over the years and had my share of losses. I have a lion coming from Zambia now and the taxidermist there told me most of his clients are insuring their lion trophies which covers it from his shop to my taxidermist. I have never done this before, but did it this time as lions have become so expensive, I thought I should pay for the extra coverage.

Yea that's the photo that convinced me it's not just a big rat...it's a cool big rat! You would HAVE to get a full mount for one. I've never seen one in a private trophy room.

I asked Craig about it recently and he said it's surprising how interesting they are once you hunt them. He said I would enjoy it.
Well, here in Uruguay capibara´s are protected (we call them carpincho´s") and you can see a lot of them, specially near water. They are remarkably quiet and easy to hunt, they dont move a lot. Wherever you see spoor, you just wait for them outside the bush of rivers and streams, they come out late in the evening for feeding. A 22. hornet is very adequate. The meat has a very strong taste, some people love it and some hate it, but you´re right that you must prepare them with a good recipe. Personally, I don´t like it. In my opinion it´s boring to hunt, for me is much more fun to hunt wild boars, axis deer, foxes, hares and fallow deers. In the last 40 years maybe I hunted 3 or 4 of them, mostly because someone wanted to taste the meat. In a trophy room, they will look very good, but I think that they are non exportable in most countries.

I have had a lot of trophies shipped over the years and had my share of losses. I have a lion coming from Zambia now and the taxidermist there told me most of his clients are insuring their lion trophies which covers it from his shop to my taxidermist. I have never done this before, but did it this time as lions have become so expensive, I thought I should pay for the extra coverage.
I just had a narrowly missed scare with big ivory coming into the States. We lost tracking for a whole weekend but have it again. Fingers crossed!

I just had a whatsapp conversation with Ricardo (CazaPampa outfitters) who I hunted with in May. His direct text on the exporters trophies seized is that Testa worked for an outfitter Jorge Noya that had done illegal hunts in the north part of the country taking Jaguars and indigenous wildlife forbidden to hunt. Testa was one of the exporters Jorge worked with and that's why the shop was raided. He believes all trophies were seized but they will sort out what was legal and release them.

I just had a whatsapp conversation with Ricardo (CazaPampa outfitters) who I hunted with in May. His direct text on the exporters trophies seized is that Testa worked for an outfitter Jorge Noya that had done illegal hunts in the north part of the country taking Jaguars and indigenous wildlife forbidden to hunt. Testa was one of the exporters Jorge worked with and that's why the shop was raided. He believes all trophies were seized but they will sort out what was legal and release them.
That might be the case.

But the question remains:

How long will it take in a country like Argentina with heavy bureaucracy to release them?

Can you explain what would be an "illegal hunt" that would cause this?

We want to understand what is legal vs. illegal so we never find ourselves in the situation of being on a "illegal hunt"

Thank you
He was apparently exporting Jaguars/Panthers. Sleazy dumbass, some unethical hunter (Russian, Chinaman, Actor, etc) probably offered him too much to refuse. He just lost a great honest business. I hope he enjoys Argentinian prisons. While my legal trophies ae seized, I'm holding out hope the government understands the economic and social value trophy hunting means to the country. It really is a fantastic place. The airport staff are clueless, so bring the rules printed out (in spanish). Better yet, use the ranch gun.

It can be illegal for different reasons, one it would be to hunt a native species or one under danger which are forbidden, another illegal way can be to hunt a legal species like a red stag for example but without the proper documentation or permissions given by wild life from the government.
Jaguars illegal enough for you? Why he's in jail. Why do you spout off with no info? I'm sure you have a great voice, to yourself. I have $20k in trophies in this sleazeballs warehouse, so its real to me. Pontificators please stop, you're not smart or helping.

Jaguars illegal enough for you? Why he's in jail. Why do you spout off with no info? I'm sure you have a great voice, to yourself. I have $20k in trophies in this sleazeballs warehouse, so its real to me. Pontificators please stop, you're not smart or helping.
Welcome to AH.

Sorry to hear that your trophies are also caught up in this mess...

I also have trophies in Argentina to be exported.

If you have more information please do share it with us

Just to clarity, MG Hunting was politely responding to a question that was asked of him, hardly "pontificating" IMO

I am not sure what the intent of your response to MG Hunting was. "Spout off with no info?" What was that supposed to mean? MG Hunting is one of the most respected outfitters in Argentina. I have hunted with them for two decades and they have been sponsors here for years. I trust any information they are able to pass along on the subject. You, on the other hand, join today and decide to be a jerk. Whether they are smarter than you I have no idea, but they are infinitely more informed. Just saying.

Lighten up, Francis.

I too have a vested interest in this as 4 of my trophies were seized as well. I was the one that invited my outfitter used (MG Hunting) to this thread for any information.

Believe me, I understand your frustration but, you are taking it out on the wrong person who is going out of their way to keep the rest of us informed in a professional manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunasienna111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!