Argentina Exporter Raided Trophies Seized

Some of these trophies are irreplaceable. What are the odds of even finding something like a bongo or leopard cape...that just makes my hair stand up on edge
I have had a lot of trophies shipped over the years and had my share of losses. I have a lion coming from Zambia now and the taxidermist there told me most of his clients are insuring their lion trophies which covers it from his shop to my taxidermist. I have never done this before, but did it this time as lions have become so expensive, I thought I should pay for the extra coverage.

Yea that's the photo that convinced me it's not just a big rat...it's a cool big rat! You would HAVE to get a full mount for one. I've never seen one in a private trophy room.

I asked Craig about it recently and he said it's surprising how interesting they are once you hunt them. He said I would enjoy it.
Well, here in Uruguay capibara´s are protected (we call them carpincho´s") and you can see a lot of them, specially near water. They are remarkably quiet and easy to hunt, they dont move a lot. Wherever you see spoor, you just wait for them outside the bush of rivers and streams, they come out late in the evening for feeding. A 22. hornet is very adequate. The meat has a very strong taste, some people love it and some hate it, but you´re right that you must prepare them with a good recipe. Personally, I don´t like it. In my opinion it´s boring to hunt, for me is much more fun to hunt wild boars, axis deer, foxes, hares and fallow deers. In the last 40 years maybe I hunted 3 or 4 of them, mostly because someone wanted to taste the meat. In a trophy room, they will look very good, but I think that they are non exportable in most countries.

I have had a lot of trophies shipped over the years and had my share of losses. I have a lion coming from Zambia now and the taxidermist there told me most of his clients are insuring their lion trophies which covers it from his shop to my taxidermist. I have never done this before, but did it this time as lions have become so expensive, I thought I should pay for the extra coverage.
I just had a narrowly missed scare with big ivory coming into the States. We lost tracking for a whole weekend but have it again. Fingers crossed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88pizza

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with