Anyone ever weighed their CZ550 in a Bell & Carlson Stock?

Northern Shooter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
So unfortunately I don’t have a scale with me this weekend but I’ve been shooting a pair of my rifles back to back

Ruger Guide Gun in 338WM with Ruger Rings and a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x scope.

And

CZ550 in 416 Rigby with Warne Rings and a Leupold VX6 1-6x scope.

Handling them back to back, the CZ feels at least a pound lighter. My scoped Ruger weighs in the ballpark of 9.5lbs.

Stock weight on the CZ550s is 9.3lbs, is the Bell and Carlson stock significantly lighter than the standard wood stock?

Just under 10# with 5 rounds of 375H&H, sling, scope and rings. This is just after I got it back from AHR with a #2 upgrade.
1726262846444.png

My CZ 550 458 Lott which has an AHR#2 done to it in the Bell and Carlson,with a 6oz recoil reducer, and AHR qd mount with Trijicon SRO weighs in at 9.64 lbs.
CZ 550 375 HH factory wood stock and barrel length with Leupold VX5 2-10 weighs 11.64 lbs

Do you have to bed the Bell and carson?
I have had them bedded, to the action and barrel channel. The barrel channel was mostly free floating and applying a layer of expoxy for a slicker surface. I have put one on a CZ 458 Lott that I have not shot yet. But, I am not bedding it until after I see how it shoots. It's fit up seems good. I may do the barrel channel surface. That is aesthetic not functional though.

To me, it would depend on the rear recoil lug fit up. If it mates up with consistent full contact, and there are no huge gaps around the action or barrel- that is likely functionally "good enough".

Do you have to bed the Bell and carson?

My Bell Carlson is bedded action,recoil lug and 1 1/2 inches of barrel. Free Floated rest of way. Shoots 1 in group at 100yd. 500gr factory Aframes.
I bedded it myself after asking Wayne at AHR how he would bed it.
I had to replace original wood stock that Wayne had bedded many years ago due to it cracking, found crack after returning from 2023 safari. The 458 lott is noted for cracking at rear tang where mine did.

CZ 458 Lott / 458 Winchester, 22" barrel, non-bedded Bell & Carlson, 1-6x24 EE illuminated Swarovski with lens covers, Alaska Arms rings, AHR trigger, 3 position M70 type safety:
9 lbs 12.3 ounces on my scales
C62B50D8-7403-4DD6-B5CE-47AE8D06D6A7.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
letsgoinfluencerpro

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles