Anyone else hoping for late season deer?

Skunked! But this is a property with potential. It is an old horse farm with two fallow hay fields. It backs on to a conservation area. I think I just need to make it more nutritionally attractive to my cervid neighbors . I am thinking food plot...

You know, when I think about things I am thankful for, I have to include landowners who give me access. I genuinely feel privileged to be allowed to waddle all over this fellow's land doing the sport I love. He gains nothing. Really is a generous thing to do.

Skunked! But this is a property with potential. It is an old horse farm with two fallow hay fields. It backs on to a conservation area. I think I just need to make it more nutritionally attractive to my cervid neighbors . I am thinking food plot...

You know, when I think about things I am thankful for, I have to include landowners who give me access. I genuinely feel privileged to be allowed to waddle all over this fellow's land doing the sport I love. He gains nothing. Really is a generous thing to do.

A nice strip of oats right down the middle should aid your viewing pleasure.

Careful Pheroze,food plotting is very addictive:)

Here is a pic of a food plot i put in Pheroze, if you look to the top left you can see the shooting bench!

Attachments

• WGI_0006_zpsltb6zpfh.jpg
    WGI_0006_zpsltb6zpfh.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
Have all my hopes on late muzzleloader/flintlock season got skunked in firearms season trying to draw first blood with my .375 Ruger. So I'm hunting in heavy wet snow that is at inch an hour at times first shot at a deer running at 80 yards clean miss second shot 18 yards running resulted in a nice 6" maple tree with hole dead center 3rd shot deer standing facing me at 18-20 yards delayed ignition flash powder did light but was damp from snow deer took off at flash and ball went straight up his side left enough hair to build a bird nest. Not a drop of blood in snow.
Should have posted this on humorous page.

I left last night and went back for my blind and chair today. Friggin deer tracks everywhere! One circles around and walked within ten yards of my blind. Happy New Year everyone

Good luck to everyone still hunting the great whitetail deer. Wish I was!

Season closes on Tuesday. Right now they're safe today & tomorrow, but I have every intention to put one down before dark Tuesday. We'll see.

Watching this post carefully
Sounds like some serious tension running .....

High Anxiety.

Struck out this morning. Saw a couple does playing near the stand, but no shooters. Good luck to those of you still in the woods.

It's cool hearing about everyone out there trying. Good luck to those who are still trying!

I left last night and went back for my blind and chair today. Friggin deer tracks everywhere! One circles around and walked within ten yards of my blind. Happy New Year everyone

Gotta love smart deer.

You have to love whitetail. They roam my neighborhood with complete abandon. When they are in the yards, they pay you no mind and you could almost hand feed them. But, take three steps into the woods and they become ghosts that spook at the slightest sound or smell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SelinaBerk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg