Anyone else have a Problem with African Sporting Creations shooting sticks?

You can’t. After thirty minutes you can’t edit it.

As I said, there is no need to delete the thread. Hence, I have not done so.

You had a legitimate concern, voiced it and have demonstrated that the company is willing to solve the problem. Sponsor or not.

No need for roses and sunshine in every post.
Thanks for the clarification.

This thread makes me more likely to buy from them should I ever need sticks.

Things happen, especially with natural materials like wood. It’s unavoidable. Sounds like they didn’t try to blame you or quiz you on what you did wrong to cause it. Just fixed the problem. Well done!
ASC customer service is outstanding.

ASC customer service is outstanding.
I am sorry you had an issue with our shooting sticks. When there is an issue we trust our customers, resolve the issue quickly and try to leave our customers predisposed to give us another shot.

We try to break the dowels before we use them but wood sometimes has directional faults that are not uncovered by this test. You can test them at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock but it might break at 4 o'clock. We turn more than a 1/3 of the shafts into kindling which means thousands of them wind up heating the shop.

Thank you for you first and second post. For everyone that had faith that we would do the right thing, we are humbled.

Jim
Would like to delete this thread. How do I do that?
I appreciate folks that are just as willing to throw bouquets as they are bricks.

I am sorry you had an issue with our shooting sticks. When there is an issue we trust our customers, resolve the issue as quickly ans possible and try to leave our them predisposed to give us another shot.

We try to break the dowels before we use them but wood sometimes has directional faults that are not uncovered by this test. You can test them at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock but it might break at 4 o'clock. We turn more than a 1/3 of the shafts into kindling which means thousands of them wind up heating the shop.

Thank you for you first and second post. For everyone that had faith that we would do the right thing, we are humbled.

Jim

The carbon versions of the two-point rests are a bit more expensive, but weigh nothing and are very nearly indestructible.
More expensive than six hundred bucks? Wow! For that price they should come with a pole dancer in the box. :D

Rudolph quad sticks ,$139.00 , metal , work great , order direct . Viper Carbon are good as well but are triple the money . Carbon is lightweight. I have both and both work great ! Not sure about using wood.

Seeing if anyone else has had a problem with African Sporting Creations Fly's Eye shooting sticks. I just got these yesterday and today when I tested with a rifle one of the legs broke. I was doing the leg sweep to change point of impact as shown in their video and snap the leg broke.
Really disappointed as I paid a lot of money for these. They are sending me a return label. Really want these to be great but not a great start.
I had a similar problem given mine were so tight i could not get them apart. I finally gave up and bought the vastly superior Blaser 2 sticks. Don’t misunderstand me no one has a better customer service department than them but I just did not want to mess with it

Sporting creations make really great shooting sticks but after testing them I ended up taking 4 stable sticks ultimate carbon shooting sticks. In fact I’m sitting in Joberg airport waiting to get on my flight to Atlanta. Took 15 animals and my PH liked them so much he offered to buy them. I just gave them to him in addition to his cash tip. I already ordered another set from Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anton12345

Latest profile posts

Ready for the next hunt
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg