Any recommendations for free range hog hunts in the southeast U.S?

Mauser3000

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
National rifle association
Hunted
United States and Canada
I am looking for a multi day hog hunt in the southeast U.S for next February. I would look to do a “free range” hunt from stands during the day, but would be up to some night hunting as well. Does anyone have any recommendations?

When you find one that isn't a ripoff, let us know. Ones I see at the shows are geared toward clueless northeastern U.S. hunters with a pocket full of money. YMMV.

I would do a combo nilgai & hog hunt on one of the huge ranches in Deep South Texas
Definitely worth the trip, compared to those canned hunts

I definitely don’t have any interest in a canned hunt even for hogs. I did a Nilgai and Javelina hunt last year in south texas and loved it. Maybe I should just go back.

Pushmataha Plantation in Choctaw County Alabama.

My daughter works for them. You will kill hogs if you can shoot. I would recommend bringing a rifle with night vision or thermal in addition to a conventional rifle and scope.

They do hog hunts in February after deer season closes. They own 7000 acres and lease another 7000. Call and ask for Hunter Kelly, the wildlife biologist and head guide.

I am looking for a multi day hog hunt in the southeast U.S for next February. I would look to do a “free range” hunt from stands during the day, but would be up to some night hunting as well. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Haven’t been there personally but the Choctaws have a huge place in southeastern Oklahoma.

Pushmataha Plantation in Choctaw County Alabama.

My daughter works for them. You will kill hogs if you can shoot. I would recommend bringing a rifle with night vision or thermal in addition to a conventional rifle and scope.

They do hog hunts in February after deer season closes. They own 7000 acres and lease another 7000. Call and ask for Hunter Kelly, the wildlife biologist and head guide.
Do you know if their land is high fenced?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaverneSun

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available