Any recommendations for a two person/ 4 season tent?

True…definitely less bumping against the fabric vs some others I’ve had
One thing I like is if the weather is decent I skip the stakes and guy lines and just plop into it to save time since it’s freestanding. I doubt you’ll have that luxury in the FC though ha

True…definitely less bumping against the fabric vs some others I’ve had
One thing I like is if the weather is decent I skip the stakes and guy lines and just plop into it to save time since it’s freestanding. I doubt you’ll have that luxury in the FC though ha

Its possible that it could be somewhat mild though, mid to late Oct is sort of a dice roll. Hence why I'm buying the new tent, it could be normal fall chilly weather or windy as hell and snow! haha

This will be the first hunting trip for me that's a drop you off see you in ten days type of trip. Every other trip I've been on has been park the truck and walk in to camp, so if things get really crappy you can just pull up your stakes and walk a couple miles out.

I have had this 2 man tent from Caravan since 30 years (they are/were suppliers to the Swedish Army,I think).
Desinged by Bo Hilleberg model Keb II
This will probably not be available in the USA, but I'm enthusiastic about it.
I last used it three weeks ago for roe buck hunting in the woods and it is still completely waterproof after all this time, I just had to seal the seams once. The Trangia cooking set is also absolutely great.
I like sleeping in the tent, but only alone in there with my dog, otherwise I would get claustrophobic.
But the Americans have many excellent suppliers in these things.
Have fun.
Zelt.jpg

with my tent a few days in the woods during roebuck rut

If you want a “bombproof” tent, you should look into Hilleberg tents as mentioned above.

IMG_0751.jpeg

I hunt/camp out of Alaska, but never in the winter.

Cabela's Instinct Guide tents are awesome and bombproof, at a fair price...but they are HEAVY

North Face VE 25 is awesome, but EXPENSIVE. It's light and handy. But also a pain to get in and out of.

Honestly, I use a cheap Amazon 4 season. Survived 2 expeditions on the Yukon with no issue. I did buy an extra nylon backpacking tarp as an "over cover" and have the whole thing wrapped up in a dry bag (tent, rain fly, plus tarp). Probably under 10 pounds.

Look up "Forceatt" on Amazon. About a $100.

If spike hunting alone, look into a Bivy sac and a Siltarp.

Lighter, Cheaper, but protection if you get bad weather

I

I use the Kuiu Summit Refuge 3p all the time in Alaska sheep mountains.

If you are serious about light weight the floor less is the way to go.

I guess some people think the L48 need 4 season tents for fall hunting but I don’t see it unless you are talking above 10,000’ ?

North Face for me. Like the VE 25 for two but used a North Star (no longer made) for many years. It was rated 4 man but comfortable with 3. Spent 3 weeks from Oct 20 to Nov 20 on Kodiak in that tent. Did it for three years with some tuff weather. It was my go for Id. and Mont camping. Fly gave up with about 10/12 years usage.
It was just a larger VE 25.

BACKPACKING and bombproof. Hilleberg is suggested. Norwegian Helsport is top notch.

A tunnel type tent gives you storrage for equipment in both ends and might indoor kitchen. Buy a 3 man tent for 2 persons.

BACKPACKING and bombproof. Hilleberg is suggested. Norwegian Helsport is top notch.

A tunnel type tent gives you storrage for equipment in both ends and might indoor kitchen. Buy a 3 man tent for 2 persons.
Yeah at double the weight. Yes it’s a great shelter but the weight penalty when putting miles on is a no go for sure.

I am just not seeing the need for a 4 season tent in October in the L48

70 grain Barnes TSX has worked really well for me. I used 5.56 for a few seasons out of a 14.5 inch Noveske project ARES. I only had one doe not drop on the spot. 3 does and one decent buck taken. All Wisconsin deer.

...I have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide 6 man tent with rain fly and vestibule and floor protector. I've used this tent on one seven day elk hunt. Other than that hunt the tent has never been used. IMO, the tent is best served for two adults and their kit. Draw back, the tent, et al, is pushing 40 pounds. But if you're driving to your camp site, then weight is of little concern. For the expenditure, $650 at the time, the tent proved to be worth the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyGid

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!