Any recommendations for a two person/ 4 season tent?

As to specific tent ? Who knows… October in western mtn wilderness areas can occasionally get ugly. But probably don’t need 4 season tent. Those occasions calling for such gear, like Everest :) will have at least 20-30 Sherpas and Sherpinis (whose last names may indeed be Sherpa) to carry all the “stuff”. Most two man tents will probably be too small for two people as has been warned of. For two people maybe take 2 one man tents of generous size ??? If snow or rain possible, it will pay to also take a couple if good sized light weight nylon fabric flies for utility shelter, emergency use, to cover gear, make a lean-to, have a place to sit out bad weather, cook, etc. Laying down in a small tent, cooking or waiting out bad weather for a day or three is not pleasant. I always take such a fly even for day trips. They come in handy. I’ve glassed moose for days from tops of hills in drizzle, mosquitos and light snow- made tolerable because of protection of a small lean-to shelter using a simple fly. Small package and light weight. I would not recommend visqueen… which used to be commonly recommended for that use. ;)

Last edited:
I would suggest a cimmaron with a stove. You can split it between 2 people to save weight. Make sure to get a large stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiasportsk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!