Any place to buy custom loaded big bore/obsolete ammo anymore?

Prairie Bird Gun

Silver supporter
AH member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good outfit that custom loads large rifle ammo.
I was disappointed to read that the folks at Colorado Custom Cartridge are winding down their business and I don’t know who custom loads odd/obsolete large rifle ammo anymore.

I have some old rifles I would like to get some ammo for and any NOS/factory ammo would probably be so it old it would only hang fire or not go off.

Just an example, I am looking for 500 nitro for black, 450/400 2 3/8”, 450 bpe or nitro for black, and a few obsolete Rook rifle calibers. Probably some large sharps and Winchester calibers as well, just to name a few.

I don’t reload anymore and would love to find a new source for quality custom loads for some old antique rifles.
Thanks for any leads or advice, Aron

Call Safari Arms. They should able to load what you want. I had them load some 500/465NE. They are helpful to talk things through with you on what you are trying to accomplish, how to choose best load, etc...

Thank you gentlemen for the input. I remember OWS had a good stock of obsolete/oddball calibers some years back. Unfortunately their website doesn’t show much variety of ammo anymore.
I emailed safari arms, I’m hoping they maybe able to accommodate if I could supply the brass.
I will get a hold of Hendershots as well. I have some 500 and 458 ammo from them and it is top quality.
I don’t mind making a large quantity order to make it worth their time. Hopefully I find an outfit willing to accommodate.
Thanks again for the pointers

I’ll second both Safari Arms and Hendershots. I have had dealing with both and have been impressed with their professionalism and the quality of the ammo. Good luck on finding what you need.

Hate to show my lack of staying abreast of info but when did Superior Ammo close?
They loaded for me in years gone by when I had my first Lott built.

1) Hendershots
2) Superior Ammo
3) Mr. John LaSala

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilarEastw

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?