Any gin drinkers here?

Bombay sapphire gin and dry white vermouth shaken of course. Now the garnish, this can take a martini to another level. A garlic stuffed olive, a pearl onion and a pickled quail egg. This is a drink and a meal. Such a concoction can sustain one for long periods of time. Skewer the garnishees with a plastic sword rather then a tooth pick because like hey it’s a sword and swords are cool.

Attachments

• CE653C6F-A3B3-4124-875C-7D3177003CCF.jpeg
    CE653C6F-A3B3-4124-875C-7D3177003CCF.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
I once made the mistake of being in Hungary during Sukkot and had nothing but home distilled fruit liquor of some dangerously high proof forced on me for the whole week.

Ahhh. I have fond memories of palenka back when I had a team in Budapest. I miss the food.
Some of the palenksa (sp?) was amazing, some was diesel fuel.

Happy gin day folks
1000005552.jpg

You clearly understand my pain :LOL:

I have some truly deranged pálenka stories.

Yes sir! Had a few rough nights on that stuff lol.

There was this other stuff they had that was popular or customary.
I can't recall the name but it came in a spherical black bottle that looked like the holy hand grenade from Monty Python.

Yes sir! Had a few rough nights on that stuff lol.

There was this other stuff they had that was popular or customary.
I can't recall the name but it came in a spherical black bottle that looked like the holy hand grenade from Monty Python.
Unicum!

Just did a blind taste test of four gins. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater London Dry, Tanqueray London Dry and Kirkland London Dry.

I tried them neat and chose them in the following order...
1. Bombay Sapphire
2a. Beefeater London Dry
2b. Tanqueray London Dry
4. Kirkland London Dry

My bride had two mixed in T&T's and her results were
1. Kirkland London Dry
2. Tanqueray London Dry

Not sure what this means yet. But I know for certain that we will be buying liquor at Costco more often. The prices there are just crazy!
@BeeMaa - what Costco in VA sells liquor? I though only ABC stores sold booze in VA?

I'm kind of a snob when it comes to booze. Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray Rangpur are my go-to in the gin world. All they had at camp in Limcroma was Gordon's. "Any port in a storm" and all that. I gotta say...I enjoy it on the rocks nearly as much as I do Sapphire or Rangpur. And at about half the price, I'm finding it hard to not keep some on the bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantellAl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia