Any experience with Arken Optics?

Rez Exelon

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got an absolutely insane deal on an Arken 6-24x50 FFP scope. Anyone have any experience with them good bad or ugly?

I recently got an absolutely insane deal on an Arken 6-24x50 FFP scope. Anyone have any experience with them good bad or ugly?
I was lucky enough to pick up a 6-24 in MIL from a prize table at the end of last year. Overall, very good value - probably the best I have seen in this price range. The turrets are very nice and the marking on the turrets are large and easy for me to see. The scope seems very solid, and I mounted it on my 6dasher rifle and shot it for a few months.

My only gripe is the windage marks on the horizontal crosshair are a little difficult to make out, otherwise its great

I was lucky enough to pick up a 6-24 in MIL from a prize table at the end of last year. Overall, very good value - probably the best I have seen in this price range. The turrets are very nice and the marking on the turrets are large and easy for me to see. The scope seems very solid, and I mounted it on my 6dasher rifle and shot it for a few months.

My only gripe is the windage marks on the horizontal crosshair are a little difficult to make out, otherwise its great
Nice... Looking through it and doing a hands test it seems clear and solid enough. Just debating on what it might work on for me if nothing else.

I dont have mine on anything at the moment, but it seems pretty solid. I am thinking I will mount it on my 338 Edge

I have the same Arken scope and love it on my 6.5 Creed more !

I’ll be watching this thread with interest.
Looking at the EPL 4-16 x 44 myself.

I have the same Arken scope and love it on my 6.5 Creed more !
Thats an idea --- I've got a RPR Gen 2 in 6.5 currently wearing a Sightron SIII 6-24. I suppose moving that to a different rifle is an option. I need to remember what all rifles I have that I need to put optics on. I've got like 6 in the boneyard that don't have homes at the moment.

I've have two Arkens EP5 5-25x56 and a EPL4 6x24 in service going on 2 years and have no complaints as a matter of fact I don't think there is another scope on the market that I'm aware of that can match them for the price point,,,stick with the higher end model as it has Japanese glass, I would not hesitate to buy another

I've have two Arkens EP5 5-25x56 and a EPL4 6x24 in service going on 2 years and have no complaints as a matter of fact I don't think there is another scope on the market that I'm aware of that can match them for the price point,,,stick with the higher end model as it has Japanese glass, I would not hesitate to buy another
I mean, I wouldn't have said not if it was the EP5 but this is what was available. For $9 I wasn't going to complain too much though :D

I really need to make a scope testing rig for situations like this. I wonder if something like this exists and I've not ever seen it.
1722088309733.png

The idea being that there's a block with a couple pic rails on it so that scopes could be mounted all pointing at the same target --- say 25 or 50 years away --- so that their picture quality could be compared.

I think there's some pic rail to tripod adapters, but I think most of those are ARCA and I don't have that fancy of a tripod. But that'd be my next think as there's two good landmarks near my house that I can use to compare glass. The first being a radio tower about 500 meters away and 100 meters high, and the other being a hospital about 1.2 km away IIRC. But trying to focus on them cleanly is a challenge holding a scope offhand, and making a setup aligned just right is always a pain.

I know some guys who shoot what they call extended long range, like a couple miles. They like the 34mm tube Arkens a lot for what they do.

Let's keep it simple ... I have a EPL 4 / 6 to 24 X 50 on a Tikka .308. mine is in mils and is a good optic in this price range. I like it a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audammmmmmmm

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia