Any cool shops in Johannesburg?

CarsonG

AH senior member
Reaction score
I’ll have just a couple hours in Johannesburg before my outfitter picks me up. Are there any must see shops? I have a few souvenirs to pick up for the kids and I was hoping to buy a couple cigars, good hunting shops are always nice to visit.

Safari Outdoor is a nice outdoor shop. Go drool over some nice double rifles for a bit while you wait.

WILDEBEES, safari outdoors, savuti are the only ones I have been too. Good stuff at all but safari outdoors might be the best option for what you have listed

Last edited:
There is a shopping mall close to the airport. Very modern, lots of shops

If you are looking for nice gifts I would recommend Cambanos & Son. They have everything from trinkets to goods way out of my price range. It is a bit of a drive (20 minutes), so if interested I would ask your outfitter about stopping by.

My question is why do you have a couple of hours before they pick you up?

Most times the outfitter/PH will be waiting for you as you clear customs unless you are planning on spending the night in Joberg.

Then there is the question of what do you plan to do with your firearms for those couple of hours if you are bringing them?

Amatuli for African souvenirs and trinkets and Melville and Moon for leather and canvas goods is right next door. They are located in Kramerville, a medium taxi ride from the ORT airport. Then go on from there to Safari and Ourdoor in Rivonia Crossing. Then you are right on the highway back to the airport.

My question is why do you have a couple of hours before they pick you up?

Most times the outfitter/PH will be waiting for you as you clear customs unless you are planning on spending the night in Joberg.

Then there is the question of what do you plan to do with your firearms for those couple of hours if you are bringing them?

We are getting in on Saturday evening, our hunt doesn’t start till Monday. So I asked the outfitter to pick us up at noon on Sunday. I have three small kids and I know that they would love a present from my trip so I figured I would take a couple hours on Sunday morning and buy them something they would like that was native to Africa. Also, you can buy Cuban cigars in America…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arisha1On

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!