Another thread of trophy shipping costs..

5 shoulder mounts (waterbuck, gemsbuck, white blesbuck, black wildebeast, blue wildebeast)
4 euro mounts (red hartebeast, springbok, impala, blesbuck)
4 tanned flatskins

crate is 160x113x105 cm
actual weight 144 kgs

Airfreight quote South Africa to Dallas $3,689
Oceanfreight quote South Africa to Houston $1,847
I did an ocean freight shipment during Covid years. Original quote was about $1500 less than air, but couldn’t get on a flight because of Covid backlog. Ended up being charged over the $1500 savings in port fees (in Houston) that no one in the process mentioned. Would just encourage you to check and double check if your goal is to save money.

Oh boy, these prices are getting out of hand. I believe this next safari will be the last time I bring anything back. I'll take good pictures and call it a day. I'll save that money and go back again.
+1. For my ONE PG Safari with taxidermy shipped and all accompanied expenses, I could have bought three Blaser R8s and/or several nice large bore bolt action rifles or a nice used DR if I were so inclined and pretended I went to Africa. LOL

I understand the reasons people skip the expense of bringing trophies home. I surely do. Just like I understand the reasons for traveling without one’s own rifle and using a camp gun. I just can’t bring myself to do either. I’ll bring my rifles to Africa and ship my trophies home until I can’t afford to do so. Then I’ll hunt stuff closer to home.

I’m on the fence to whether I’m bringing my trophies back from my first safari next week with NKWE in Botswana. If I did, it would be just euros only…eland, kudu & hartebeest. Hopefully, I can find a decent quote, as I’d rather save for the next trip. We’ll see. Anyone care to guess what a decent quote would be back to Texas for the 3 mentioned euros?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizaBrumba

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com