Another thread of trophy shipping costs..

5 shoulder mounts (waterbuck, gemsbuck, white blesbuck, black wildebeast, blue wildebeast)
4 euro mounts (red hartebeast, springbok, impala, blesbuck)
4 tanned flatskins

crate is 160x113x105 cm
actual weight 144 kgs

Airfreight quote South Africa to Dallas $3,689
Oceanfreight quote South Africa to Houston $1,847
I did an ocean freight shipment during Covid years. Original quote was about $1500 less than air, but couldn’t get on a flight because of Covid backlog. Ended up being charged over the $1500 savings in port fees (in Houston) that no one in the process mentioned. Would just encourage you to check and double check if your goal is to save money.

Oh boy, these prices are getting out of hand. I believe this next safari will be the last time I bring anything back. I'll take good pictures and call it a day. I'll save that money and go back again.
+1. For my ONE PG Safari with taxidermy shipped and all accompanied expenses, I could have bought three Blaser R8s and/or several nice large bore bolt action rifles or a nice used DR if I were so inclined and pretended I went to Africa. LOL

I understand the reasons people skip the expense of bringing trophies home. I surely do. Just like I understand the reasons for traveling without one’s own rifle and using a camp gun. I just can’t bring myself to do either. I’ll bring my rifles to Africa and ship my trophies home until I can’t afford to do so. Then I’ll hunt stuff closer to home.

I’m on the fence to whether I’m bringing my trophies back from my first safari next week with NKWE in Botswana. If I did, it would be just euros only…eland, kudu & hartebeest. Hopefully, I can find a decent quote, as I’d rather save for the next trip. We’ll see. Anyone care to guess what a decent quote would be back to Texas for the 3 mentioned euros?

I’m on the fence to whether I’m bringing my trophies back from my first safari next week with NKWE in Botswana. If I did, it would be just euros only…eland, kudu & hartebeest. Hopefully, I can find a decent quote, as I’d rather save for the next trip. We’ll see. Anyone care to guess what a decent quote would be back to Texas for the 3 mentioned euros?

Six plains game, dip, pack ship $2344 to DFW. That’s From Zambia: LUN/ADD/IAD/DFW. The last leg is actually a truck (Forward Air).

my trip next year will only be pictures and maybe video, this past trip just the shipping and handling for 2 shoulder mounts, 1 pedestal mount (no pedestal), 1 back skin zebra, 2 wart hog euros 1 buffalo euro cost me about 5700.00 in shipping and 3400.00 in taxidermy in Africa. my buddies dip and pack with head and horns for I think 11 animals was about 4000.00 to the taxidermist in Michigan, I think Wildlife Gallery and he will not see them for another year or so after after waiting 9 months in Africa. not worth it anymore

my dip pack and crate was $2422 for 9 animals including a a zebra rug and a few tanned hides in Zimbabwe. Cites tags for croc were in there too. Crate is prepped and ready to go to joburg, just waiting on export permits. I’m guessing total cost will be 6k to get to my taxidermist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusannaLki

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]