Another Hurricane!

And I’m supposed to be on Delta flight 200 tomorrow :confused: Here is to hoping it doesn’t get canceled or delayed.
Back in 2018 I flew out of Pensacola during a fairly strong tropical storm with no worries. But that was a different time.

Only 2 weeks from the big one last year and we are about to get hit again. This one looks weaker so far but with a ton of surge and rain fall. Wish us luck and appreciate some prayers.
@swashington: we have a place in Florida too and along with mosquitos, humidity, and 95 year old drivers - Hurricanes are just a part of Florida living.

HOA board at my 2nd home in Wilmington, NC, messaged to say they are putting up the flood panels to block the doors on the 1st floor, apparently they are expecting a lot of flooding.

Lost power about an hour ago. Still 20-25 mph on the wind. Getting about an inch an hour of rain and is supposed to keep that pace or more all day.

We just went down to the waterfront and the tide is coming in now. Water up over the roads in many places. Winds still 35-50mph and rain dumping.
It's a great day!

Still have power west of Brunswick but winds around 5-10. 5in rain in gauge so far.

I have some property just inland from Cedar Key Fl, and the last hurricane did some major damage. Cedar Key itself sustained severe damage. From everything I'm getting from neighbors there the storm surge has most of the island underwater. Looks like I'll have plenty of work to do helping friends when I go back down. Most of this footage is of Cedar Key, Fl.

We live in Hernando Beach and have been spared again. Glad to hear most are doing 'ok'. On our way back from the midwest with our Airstream and the plan was to drive 98 east to 19 back home from Apalachicola. Will have to check how the roads are by next Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rooster2677

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available