Another Hurricane!

And I’m supposed to be on Delta flight 200 tomorrow :confused: Here is to hoping it doesn’t get canceled or delayed.
Back in 2018 I flew out of Pensacola during a fairly strong tropical storm with no worries. But that was a different time.

Only 2 weeks from the big one last year and we are about to get hit again. This one looks weaker so far but with a ton of surge and rain fall. Wish us luck and appreciate some prayers.
@swashington: we have a place in Florida too and along with mosquitos, humidity, and 95 year old drivers - Hurricanes are just a part of Florida living.

HOA board at my 2nd home in Wilmington, NC, messaged to say they are putting up the flood panels to block the doors on the 1st floor, apparently they are expecting a lot of flooding.

Lost power about an hour ago. Still 20-25 mph on the wind. Getting about an inch an hour of rain and is supposed to keep that pace or more all day.

We just went down to the waterfront and the tide is coming in now. Water up over the roads in many places. Winds still 35-50mph and rain dumping.
It's a great day!

Still have power west of Brunswick but winds around 5-10. 5in rain in gauge so far.

Still have power west of Brunswick but winds around 5-10. 5in rain in gauge so far.
We have power back here on the West Coast. Very quick this time, Bravo to all those linemen. Our rain is letting up finally but 10.5 inches, wow. Get a boat!

I have some property just inland from Cedar Key Fl, and the last hurricane did some major damage. Cedar Key itself sustained severe damage. From everything I'm getting from neighbors there the storm surge has most of the island underwater. Looks like I'll have plenty of work to do helping friends when I go back down. Most of this footage is of Cedar Key, Fl.

We live in Hernando Beach and have been spared again. Glad to hear most are doing 'ok'. On our way back from the midwest with our Airstream and the plan was to drive 98 east to 19 back home from Apalachicola. Will have to check how the roads are by next Monday.

I have some property just inland from Cedar Key Fl, and the last hurricane did some major damage. Cedar Key itself sustained severe damage. From everything I'm getting from neighbors there the storm surge has most of the island underwater. Looks like I'll have plenty of work to do helping friends when I go back down. Most of this footage is of Cedar Key, Fl.

Great video, Steinhatchee got most of the surge at the end of the storm with the incoming tide. Most of the water front part of town was flooded. Looked pretty good today.
Cross city is still without power and there are some downed lines but linemen all over the place working on them.

Got power back this afternoon around 5:30. Started on the clean up today. Should be able to have everything back squared away by the end of the week. No major damage so very fortunate in that regard.

Got power back this afternoon around 5:30. Started on the clean up today. Should be able to have everything back squared away by the end of the week. No major damage so very fortunate in that regard.
Great to hear, we have lived here in Northern Florida for 3 years and now hit with 2 hurricanes. Getting to be old salts at this.

@swashington, I’ve been in south, central Georgia since 1983. Certainly seems to me that we have had to deal with more tropical storms/hurricanes in the last 7-8 years than all the years previously. Maybe recency bias on my part though. No fun for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mreddy0817

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better