Another “hunt” from YouTube Cape Buffalo

For me, feeding, ear tags, veterinary checks, close management and the other aspects that follow a breeding operation would ruin the experience for me. I think this is all a path to domestication. For now, they still have wild characteristics but i question what it will look like in 25 years or 50 years. I don’t like how close farming and hunting are in South Africa.
Fair enough. But I understand it has had great benefits too. Bontebuck are back from the edge of extinction. Mountain zebra is another success story. And the disease resistant strain of buffalo from Kruger that are now farmed in South Africa have proved to be a great help in reintroducing them to areas where they were exterminated. Too bad the game farmers in SA couldn't get to the giant sable before Angola melted down. From what I'm reading it's doubtful any are left.

I think as long as hunters want to keep the "danger" in dangerous game and pay for it dearly, the game farmers will choose to keep the dangerous genetics going. I agree, this new generation of trophy hunters is too much about quality of horns, not quality of hunt. Look at the longstanding controversy over measuring soft boss bulls for the record books.

I shot a management cow that yielded a memorable hunt and respectable set of horns, even without bosses (though I know we could have built some). I paid to have the skull sent over and she's up on the wall. She deserves it. I am pleased to have helped with that breeding operation's restocking program. They have genetically sound stock and obviously they are preserving the wild nature of this still dangerous animal.

Like you, I have concerns for the future. I think it could go both ways. As ethical hunters on forums like this one, we need to let the game farm business know what direction they should be headed. The place I hunted was at best borderline for me going in. A little less so when the day was done.

I will take time over the weekend hopefully and compile a reply to state my point....picked up my daughter today who is doing her 3rd yr practical studying nature management, she is on a 220 square km reserve where they "euthenase" wild lions to keep the numbers in check(and bury them) and try birth control on the elephant herd.....
She will be doing her PH course soon and is also doing her fagasa field guide course in between....she just wants to hunt dg and do dg foot safaris....she passed her tracking course in KNP with flying colours....
Some folks here seem to be living in a dream world.....

I will take time over the weekend hopefully and compile a reply to state my point....picked up my daughter today who is doing her 3rd yr practical studying nature management, she is on a 220 square km reserve where they "euthenase" wild lions to keep the numbers in check(and bury them) and try birth control on the elephant herd.....
She will be doing her PH course soon and is also doing her fagasa field guide course in between....she just wants to hunt dg and do dg foot safaris....she passed her tracking course in KNP with flying colours....
Some folks here seem to be living in a dream world.....
Lucky girl. Hope she makes it happen.

You all remember Wayne Lapiere (sp) hunting an elephant and making an ass of himself? This happened in a wild place, and if this hunt was such a shit show, why publish it? The problem is that all these idiots are publishing these videos in todays heavy technology world. You would have never seen these shit shows 20 years ago. Stupidity happens in wild places too.

You all remember Wayne Lapiere (sp) hunting an elephant and making an ass of himself? This happened in a wild place, and if this hunt was such a shit show, why publish it? The problem is that all these idiots are publishing these videos in todays heavy technology world. You would have never seen these shit shows 20 years ago. Stupidity happens in wild places too.
His wife did a much better job taking her elephant. Must have been humiliating for that fathead. He deserved it. Lapierre is a stinking sack of excretment for more reasons than just being a terrible shot.

And all the shitshow is because of videos and footage to use for own publicity and self enrichment.....I call it small dick syndrome....

I can’t quite understand why he would not have edited out the poor finishing shots but there was nothing wrong with his hunt up to the point the elephant was on the ground. This buffalo video wasn’t a hunt. It was harvesting a farmed buffalo that broke from the shooting area with bulls through the fence back into the breeding area with cows. All very use to humans from regular interaction. All archery shots from the car. You won’t find the situation in a wild area. The elephant hunt video should have been edited. No part of this buffalo shoot should have been filmed to be published.

Last edited:
My point is that stupid shit gets published for one reason or another. Neither one of the two videos mentioned above should have been made public period. How do you think the left, tree huggers and PETA followers reacted to Wayne's cluster phuck? Like Ontario Hunter said, his wife made a better shot, and she seemed to know what she was doing, vs. Wayne looking like a total idiot. Stupid people will always do stupid shit; the problem is that there are stupid people following these stupid people, and these followings will continue to promote these a$$holes from continuing to publish stupid shows.

My point is that stupid shit gets published for one reason or another. Neither one of the two videos mentioned above should have been made public period. How do you think the left, tree huggers and PETA followers reacted to Wayne's cluster phuck? Like Ontario Hunter said, his wife made a better shot, and she seemed to know what she was doing, vs. Wayne looking like a total idiot. Stupid people will always do stupid shit; the problem is that there are stupid people following these stupid people, and these followings will continue to promote these a$$holes from continuing to publish stupid shows.
All for the sake of money and publicity.....hunters they are not.....
Trust me I have hunted(what I thought where hunts) and guided famous "hunters", who some would praise the ground they stepped on, who turned out to be assholes....big shot internationally aclaimed selebraties....representing big organizations....who where the most un ethical "hunters" I have ever encountered.....sponsered by big name brands...all for the show and publicity....
Heros to most....assholes to the ones in the know....been there guided them, got the t shirts and refused to guide them again......

Do some homework on Rob Dunham and Jim Burnworth and get back to me.....

I agree with IvW, in a former career I was fortunate to get to know some exceptional athletes, many came as advertised. Great people and friends and some i wouldn’t waist a second to try and help they were such ass holes. Not hunting related but as IvW points out perception is rarely reality with ”celebrities“.

All for the sake of money and publicity.....hunters they are not.....
Trust me I have hunted(what I thought where hunts) and guided famous "hunters", who some would praise the ground they stepped on, who turned out to be assholes....big shot internationally aclaimed selebraties....representing big organizations....who where the most un ethical "hunters" I have ever encountered.....sponsered by big name brands...all for the show and publicity....
Heros to most....assholes to the ones in the know....been there guided them, got the t shirts and refused to guide them again......
Oh, they left you with T-shirts? Big tippers!

Who is worse the one snorting the coke or the one supplying it???

First, I'll say addiction is a terrible thing, I do not want to sound like I'm discounting that.

My thoughts are if no one snorted it the supplier would go out of business. The problem would take care of itself.

Some people just want to hit the easy button. At the end of the day, some people are clueless/careless. We all know someone that we have had to walk away from do to they were no longer a fit in our lives. Human beings are some of the best and worst creatures this planet has to offer. We will always have something to deal with.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WendellPer

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles