Ammunition packing

MLindsay

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
In the past I have packed misc items in my small hardcase with my ammo. Just checking to see if anyone has had trouble lately

I usually put my knives in my ammo case and haven’t had any issues ever.

I put my rifle bolts in the ammo case. No issues.

Recent trip I had a knife and small tools in my ammo case and didn’t have any issues.

In the past I have packed misc items in my small hardcase with my ammo. Just checking to see if anyone has had trouble lately
The key is weight not items. You can pack other items as long as the total does not exceed 11.5 pounds

The only thing that I pack in my ammo box is ammo, there is really no need to pack anything else in it. That box will travel 99% of the way to your hunting destination in your checked luggage.

I have a small separate bag that I'll place things that I want handy with that bag inside of my check bag.

Yea you can pack knives and other related items. I don't personally anymore as I am pushing the weight limits with ammo each trip.

I will say my ammo box with ammo in it exceeded the 5kg weight. Flying out of Kimberly they made me weigh just the ammo. No other airports cared about the weight.

Checked in just now. Delta Houston,
Rifle case was over 50lbs. 54 on there scale. Agent let it slide, no excess weigh fee. Also, told them ammo in checked bag, asked they want to weigh, she asked is it under 11lbs. Was all and weighed bag then. That bag was over weight, 62 lbs. charges $100. Had 3rd checked bag. It was over 50lbs also. But she let it go for only $200 extra bag fee. Got lucky on excess bag fees and no ammo looked at or weighed. Also guns were tagged and just sent thru X-ray. No unpacking for inspections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardtar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt