Anyone use PWP Travel?

IdahoMo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hello Folks, I have a hunt scheduled in May of 2025 in Zimbabwe. Right now I'm starting to look into flights and think I will go with a booking agent to help smooth this process out. I've done my own travel a couple of times to SA, but with the extra bit to Zim plus the reliably unreliable status of airlines these days, I think working with a booking agent will be money well spent. My questions is, as anyone on the forum used PWP travel before? This was the agency recommended to me by my outfitter. I've heard of Gracey and Travel Express from here on the forum but PWP is new to me. Looking for any thoughts suggestions. Thanks.

I've used Patrick Wright's PWP travel to book my last two trips to Africa. They handled everything from flights to hotel stay to working with Henry @riflepermits.com quite well. On previous trip to Uganda when the Ebola outbreak occurred they got us re-booked to fly through Atlanta which was like one of four airports accepting travelers coming in from Uganda.

I will use them once again with confidence for my next trip.

The wife and I have used Patrick for 8 of our 9 safari’s. All the way back when he was with TWG. When he left and started his own business we went with Patrick. Have used him now for 3 Safaris and just booked our 4th with him for next year. We’ve had a couple of problems along the way and a Quick email to Patrick and it was sorted. We will keep using him as long as we can keep going to Africa!!

I used Patrick when he was with TWG for both of my hunts. I never had any issues. He has it nailed, step by step.

I used PWP for my first trip to Zimbabwe a couple of weeks ago and I had a few issues that had to be sorted.

My Zim paperwork had an incorrect birthday listed - glad I caught that when Kasey sent me documents for review before she sent them out.

I sent them copies of the 4457 forms for my guns - however they sent forms to Qatar, Zim & SAPS with the serial# for my scope instead of the actual serial# for the rifle. - Glad I caught that mistake 30days before going to the airport.

Get to the counter @DFW for check in and they didn’t have my TSA precheck # on the reservation. - I found the email where I sent them info sheet with TSA number and agent was able to add it at counter.

Overall good - but double check your paperwork

Last edited:
I used Patrick when he was with TWG for both of my hunts. I never had any issues. He has it nailed, step by step.
Same here. Patrick knows the ropes.

Hey Everyone, thanks for the replies! Sounds like a good business to work with.

I know I am late to the game seeing this post, but, I have used PWP and really liked them. They did a good job scheduling and lining up flights and hotels etc.

There was an error or two on my SAPS paperwork that when it was sent to me to review I alerted them to the errors and they corrected it before sending it in. Once time to travel came, everything went smoothly.

I had some issues getting my customs form signed because the closest local office handles them like dicks. But I drove to a further office and got it taken care of. Kasey was good about communicating with me while that was going on, she obviously couldn't do anything about it on her end, but she frequently checked in, in a friendly manner, to see how things were going to make sure my paperwork got sent in on time.

When I use an agent it’s Nicole at Gracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maybelle41

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]