Am I the only weirdo?

My Ruger No 1 sat in front of the fireplace for a number of days after I placed the scope on it.

vNmZr4p.jpg

Yeah, and then you posted it on the ‘Pay it Forward for Free’ thread!!!
 
My walk in safe is beside my desk. It would be unusual for a firearm of some sort not to be at my desk during meetings.
 
My walk in safe is beside my desk. It would be unusual for a firearm of some sort not to be at my desk during meetings.
A walk-in safe, reminds me of that famous Heineken advertisement (horrible beer, but good ads). It's what dreams are made off. Currently on my renovation plans as well, albeit a tiny one.

Best played with volume on high:
 
I guess I'd "odd" man out, but no I have NEVER done this nor has it ever crossed my mind !! o_O
 
I guess I'd "odd" man out, but no I have NEVER done this nor has it ever crossed my mind !! o_O

It's ok, we'll get you some help. :ROFLMAO:
 
On days like today where I am doing mostly home office work, I often like to grab one of my hunting rifles and have it sit with me for the morning (or sometimes even the full day). It just gives me something to hold or play with while I'm listening in on conference calls and web meetings, so that I don't get too bored. Holding something like this in my hands actually helps me pay better attention to the call and capture more information. Or perhaps this is just an odd version of "Take Your Kid to Work" day. Am I the only weirdo like this? :)

PS - today's office companion, my FN 1952 in 270 Winchester, with a B&L Balvar 2.5-8x scope.


View attachment 542486

Perhaps we all are. But, that won't stop me....
 
It could get some interesting comments if you have a Zoom meeting
I'd worry more about that blue "office chair" than any gun;)
 
On the days when I don't have a rifle with me, I'll usually keep an empty 1911 on the table next to me; then cock and de-cock the hammer repeatedly until the meeting ends, as if I have some sort of OCD. :)

Please for the love of your 1911 stop doing that. You will damage the sear. You can drop the hammer on an empty chamber, you can't drop the slide empty. Just a friendly PSA
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,332
Messages
1,573,229
Members
169,724
Latest member
MarcellaFr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top